parts, I have shops that can presision weld, cast, turn, heat-treat,
and do many other custom processes. I can accept Iges, Parasolid,
Dwg, Pdf, Solidworks, and many other types of files or I can create
the necessary files from your part information for an additional $16
per hour. Part size is currently limited to 6"x5"x5". If you have good
idea but dont have the capability or budget to make it happen, send
a small project and try me out, Im sure you will be satisfied with the
quality, timeliness, and low cost of your project. Call me at
619-504-7206 or email at [email protected].
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
TAG
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I would be quite interested in getting an 80% AR-15 forging that has the magazine well milled out for 9mm mags without the need to use a mag adapter...  other guys here have done it jut not sold them....

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Where in TX are you? I have a great idea for something that would probably sell like hotcakes. In the future I will need someone with CNC capabilities. Does your CNC machine have turning capabilities?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Im sure we could work something out. Do you have dimension specs or would this be something that would require me to have the parts in order to take measurements? If you can either draw something up, or send me the parts then I can take dimensions and make it for you. Just let me know and we'll try to work something out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I am located just north of San Antonio. I dont currently have a 4th axis on my mill. Do you mean that you will need something turned on a lathe, or something that requires a 4h axis on a mill? Either way if the oppurtunity is good enough I can probably look into a small cnc lathe or rotary axis for my mill.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I really need a CNC lathe to accomplish what I need. I have access to a fantastic lathe, but I don't look forward to making hundreds of these things.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, people usually charge a heck of a lot for a few cnc parts or they require you to buy a billion of them in order for you to get a decent price on one. However most things can be made on a mill, things that people think can only be made on a lathe. Lathes are really only good for long cylindrical objects and those that require perfect roundness for pivotal, rotational, or sealing functionality. If it is something not too long and more or less aesthetic in nature, chances are I could make it on a mill with a 4th axis. For example, all drill bits are made on a special grinding machine with typical mill-like axes setup and a 4th axis rotary. round stock is rotated slowly on this 4th axis will a grinding wheel comes down and travels linearly (in a straight line) along the round stocks length. A 4th axis is very useful for making things like flash suppressors and symetrical fore-stocks with various patterns.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Could you add material and then mill the end of an IMI Galil receiver to accept a Micro Galil folding stock?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
TAG.

Take the 9mm AR receiver idea... mill it to fit Glock mags... enjoy your new customer base as word of mouth spreads about how your selling 9mm AR lowers that take glock mags.

There are quite a few people who would like one of these but either don't want to buy it from Oly Arms because Oly will only sell them as a complete rifle and/or because it's made by Oly.

Produce a quality receiver that does this an I suspect you'll do well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, if you provide drawings or ship me the actual parts that need to be mated together.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you think you could lead me to drawings or to where I can purchase the components that need to be modified for this project? I would be happy to take on this one. Could you give me some more details?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I have nothing to give you... but maybe if you ask one of the gusy who owns one of the Oly Glock AR's if you could "borrow" it to do this and hook him up with one of your production receivers he might square you away.

If you had the receiver could you basically reverse engineer it and improve upon it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Could you do something where you mill off the fence around the magazine release button but leave the plunger tube?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Why is that "fence" around the mag release an issue... just out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, if I had the reciever I could quickly reverse engineer it and make improvements. That is my specialty. However, I dont want to go out looking for people to ask them if I can borrow their parts though. I would like a project were everything is more or less laid out and ready to go, as far as parts or drawings availability. If you can send me a reciever (or the part you need modified or improved) and a place to start making improvements we can get somewhere. Then I will send it back to you once I have produced a solid model with tolerances in my CAD package.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Contact Site Staff to become an Industy Member
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top