Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:29:23 AM EDT
Any of you guys tried out MAGPUL'S new modular grip? is iot worth the USD 30 price tag?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes....If you look in the LWRC industry section under the topic 'A Couple of New Builds', you'll see an 8 and 11 year old with the MIAD. They could use it with the smallest panels and the largest panels, well yould have to have massive paws to complain too much.

Very good for institutional buys.

Simon
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
One word: AWESOME.

Mine's fantastic. Totally customizable and extremely comfortable. It feels like you're holding a Sig pistol. Can't say enough good about it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
They need to issue it in PINK for the sensitive crowd.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It feels like you're holding a Sig pistol. Can't say enough good about it.

Okay, NOW I'm interested.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I have a pre-production model full grip kit and yes it's worth the ~ $45 price.

Magpul is also exchanging the pre-production grips to the production models at a low nominal price.

The MIAD fits my hand the best because of the adjustable panels.

I'm using the flat front strap module because I don't care for the fingergroove.

It's my favorite grip and I also have the Tango Down Battlegrip, Les Baer Custom and A1 grips.

Magpul MIAD Pre-production Swap Out thread link

ETA: Added MIAD Pre-production Swap Out thread link
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
tag for all opinions as I am looking to buy one
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I was unimpressed after trying several other of the "me too" crowd latest must have grips, but after using the MIAD, I'll be swapping over a few weapons.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Try doing a search by the product's official name, "MIAD". There are (3) threads on the subject within the past 30 days, one of which with 44 replies.

As always, the search function is your friend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Try doing a search by the product's official name, "MIAD". There are (3) threads on the subject within the past 30 days, one of which with 44 replies.

As always, the search function is your friend.

The SEARCH function is your friend if it's an option.  The person asking the question isn't a paying member and therefore doesn't have access to the SEARCH function.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have problems with durability?  I tend to not like "modular" products that are not one solid peace but instead clip together with plastic to form the end product.  Not saying I am right, its all perception on my part.  

They should start a program where you buy the modular grip, and once you find the exact way you like it, they build you a solid one piece unit for more money.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The SEARCH function is your friend if it's an option.  The person asking the question isn't a paying member and therefore doesn't have access to the SEARCH function.

Last time I checked, non-paying members could still search back 30 days and all of the threads I referred to were active in the past 30 days.

There was also at least one paying member that has posted in this thread that could do an extensive search on the subject.

To get back on topic, I have found the MIAD grip to be the closest thing to perfection in a grip. It can be configured to fit almost any hand. The variety of cores are also useful since they allow the user to configure the grip's storage to hold what they want, be it batteries, spare parts or some "Oh S--t" rounds.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyone have problems with durability?  I tend to not like "modular" products that are not one solid peace but instead clip together with plastic to form the end product.  Not saying I am right, its all perception on my part.  
They should start a program where you buy the modular grip, and once you find the exact way you like it, they build you a solid one piece unit for more money.

Some of the pre-production grips had pieces that cracked when the roll pins were installed on the back strap but these problem is much more rare on the production grips. I've installed 4 of the production grips on my firearms and have not have anything break.

Regarding your suggested program, I'm afraid that would be cost prohibitive. When you factor in all the front and back straps, that would be a significant investment in molds and production. While I think it's possible, the probability of such a program ever coming to fruition is highly improbable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I love mine. Just remember to pull the ammo out of the pistol grip before going to the airport to check your AR15. They get upset at that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I love mine have them on all 4 of my AR's
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got one from Grant to try out - best grip out there IMHO.  Great quality with a lot of flexibility.  I will be ordering more shortly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#17]

MIAD ??......another acronym for the best !!!!      looks good, feels good, works good;

what's not to like ????      personally, i like big grips, so i used the expanded rear grip

panel, and the A2 front strap , then a piece of bicycle inner-tube over the whole thing, and

perfection has been attained
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I got one and replaced the 1x2 grip that was on my oly lower.  best gun related 34 bucks I've ever spent.  it was like night and day the difference between the 2 grips.  I will be buying more as I buy more AR's.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd like to know how many bought the basic kit, and how many bought the kit with all the extra pieces? And are the extra pieces worth the extra money?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'd like to know how many bought the basic kit, and how many bought the kit with all the extra pieces? And are the extra pieces worth the extra money?

I bought the full kit, and it was WELL worth the money. When you open the packages, and see how well the pieces are made, and how well they fit, you'll check the invoice to make sure you only paid $45.00. It seriously feels like it cost twice as much, and there are so many configurations that can be made, you can't NOT find the perfect combo for your hand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:12:52 AM EDT
[#21]
they sit on all but my CMP rifle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I got a good inspection of the MIAD at the gunshow last Sunday. Until I saw it and played with it, I thought it was a bunch of hooey. But, now I think I'll try one out.

BTW, I like the idea of putting tube around it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone want to buy a SPR grip?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I jumped in on the prebuy,..Love mine
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered one yesterday. We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top