Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:09:18 AM EDT
I would like to put an A2 aperture on my colt A1. I tried unscrewing the sight last night but it would not come off. I noticed a small roll pin in the adjustment end. Does that need to come off? Thanks for any guidance.
Joe
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
yes it needs be be taken out, do it slowly as for the springs can go somewhere you dont want them to.

A2 on a A1, thats blasphemy, me and stickman wont like it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. Now to decide if I really want the hassle. I just thought switching to the larger close range sight would be nice. It is a colt hybred A2 actually. A2 upper except for the rear sight with an A1 lower. Purchased it in 1985.Thanks to all.
Joe
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it the way it is. If it doesn't work for you, then change it out. If that doesn't work for you, you can always try another one. There are several different apertures you can try.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the A1 sight with an A2 aperature.  You get the best of both.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top