Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:04:57 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with the dealer I usually buy from and asked if he could match a deal I found on the web.  The "deal" was $40 cheaper than his askin price and included shipping.  He then stated that the reason for the bargain was because the other dealer was probably selling 6920's that don't have the chrome-lined barrel.  

Now I'm fully aware that other makers leave this as an option, but I can't find that on the Colt home page.  Everything I've read states that they're all chrome-lined.  Anyone else heard of this?  I've got a call into the dealer to verify but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks, Jerry
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of such an animal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If its not a chrome lined barrel, its not a 6920.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
He's full of shit.

That said, has he treated you well in the past? If so, I'd just buy the gun from him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Update;

I just got a return call from Steve in C.S. at Colt and reaffirmed that Colt does not offer a non-chrome lined 6920.  Thanks for the responses, I wasn't expecting a quick reply from Colt and sure enough, 15 mins after leaving a msg on a corporate v/m I received a call back.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
There were a bunch of 1/9 16" M4 profile barrels that weren't chrome lined, but then it wouldn't be a 6920
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top