Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:36:19 AM EDT
The BoogerBunkerBasement got some water in it a couple of weeks ago. So, as it is, I'm planning on re-setting up the basement in a fashion that better suits my needs.  Until now, all the toys have been kid safe, but not safe-safe.
Partially because of my milque-toast neighborhood, partially out of privacy, and partiall because I have to roll over a "floating" kitchen floor to get to the basement, I've been looking at these things. The come on multiple boxes, and the door will be the heaviest. 150 pounds at most. Simple construction, and it looks secure.
Has anyone had one of these safes? Any thoughts or comments?

Safes
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not own a Zanotti safe, nor have I even seen one. However, I wish now that I had bought one. Everything I have read about them is positive. If you go to The Firing Line website, search for a post by Dundee asking about Zanottis. In that post you will see a link to a "testimonial." Read that article. It is  long with much useful information from someone who bought and assembled a Zanotti safe. IM me if you can't find the article.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got off the phone with them.
Very friendly. Very informative.
A bit pricey. $1100 for the basic. Almost $1300 for the level "2". But the level is almost double the size.
7 week back log right now.
But I do like the modular aspect in that when the basement got water in it, my wife was almost no help it getting a light loveseat up the steps. I can't imagine taking 600+ down the steps. Plus, I can take it home from work in simple flat boxes and no one is none the wider in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a ZAIII safe in my basement.  I like it just fine.  You must remember they are not fire-proof at all.

Also, these safes are still heavy.  The front being the heaviest of all the pieces, took two of us to get all the pieces down stairs.  I set mine on a homemade oak pedistal about an inch thick.  

Which ever one you buy I can't see you getting it out of the basement quickly.  They aren't that easily to take apart and put back together.

I picked mine up at the factory and those guys are a hoot.  Very cool gun nuts.

Got any questions ask.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
FYI I got a Winchester Fire Rated Safe for 598.00 from Sam's Club
Awesome deal I sold Browning safes in the past and I'm very happy with this model. Keypad instead of dial as well!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a ZAIII safe in my basement.  I like it just fine.  You must remember they are not fire-proof at all.

Also, these safes are still heavy.  The front being the heaviest of all the pieces, took two of us to get all the pieces down stairs.  I set mine on a homemade oak pedistal about an inch thick.  

Which ever one you buy I can't see you getting it out of the basement quickly.  They aren't that easily to take apart and put back together.

I picked mine up at the factory and those guys are a hoot.  Very cool gun nuts.

Got any questions ask.

The site claims 1200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FYI I got a Winchester Fire Rated Safe for 598.00 from Sam's Club
Awesome deal I sold Browning safes in the past and I'm very happy with this model. Keypad instead of dial as well!

My wife told me she saw one there for around 500 bucks.
I looked last Friday but didn't see it. Although I was in a slight hurry.
How big is it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a Zanotti for about eight years. I like it. The pins that hold it together need to be greased and driven in with a hammer, ergo to disassemble requires hammering. My wife and son unloaded it from the delivery truck because I was not home at the time. I carried it down to my basement and assembled it myself.
Rick in MN
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for Zanotti.  The ability to put it in a location by yourself counts high in my book, and they are good quality items.  Highly reccomended, and yes, the people who produce the things are really great to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The smaller safes may be able to be assembled by one person.  The ZAIII I have is heavy, every piece is heavy.  There is no way I could have gotten the front of my safe downstairs by myself.  I'm not a small person.  I'm also not trying to persuade someone from getting a Zanotti safe, just want to tell you have a buddy lined up to help you with the big ones.

They may well be good for 1200 degrees for 20 minutes, but there is no insulation in mine.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I own the Zanotti III 5 ft tall and I am very pleased with it, it took 2 of us to carry the parts down to the basement and I spent maybe 30 minutes putting it together. I'll look for my thread, so you can read it. Be back.

My thread

If you want to laugh at some comments about what I did to my safe.

link
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I own the Zanotti III 5 ft tall and I am very pleased with it, it took 2 of us to carry the parts down to the basement and I spent maybe 30 minutes putting it together. I'll look for my thread, so you can read it. Be back.

My thread

If you want to laugh at some comments about what I did to my safe.

link

Thanks for searching. But I can't look at the links since my membership level isn't high enough.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top