Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:50 AM EDT
I have a mini Y Comp break on my Bushmaster 20" barrel.  It is of the post ban variety and I would like to replace it with a regular flash hider.  I think that it is pinned on to the barrel and then welded over the pins.  Does anyone know if it is possible to replace it?  The Y Comp is WAY too loud!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]
First, look for the discoloration marks on the brake on each side. Get a Dremel with a cut off wheel and start grinding on those spots until you see the pins. Be carefull not to over grind and damage the threads.
Take the pins out and unscrew the brake. You have a 20" so the FH does not have to be pinned. Don't forget the washer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,  What kind of washer is best?  Bushmaster sells both crush and peel washers?  What is the difference?  Also is the A2 birdcage FS sufficient or should I spend the extra money on the Phantom or Izzy?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The A-2 is fine and is only $9.00 w/ washer.  That leaves at least $21 for other stuff.  After reading the FS reviews and tests I kept my money.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

cut and paste this link in you're internet browser

look at this page almost at the bottom

hope this helps
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It took me a few hours, but I was able to get the Y Comp off without damaging the threads!  Thanks for your help guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top