Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:26:45 PM EDT
What was that one stock that came out about a year or two ago It was called something like Dou Stock. One peice deal that fit a regular tube?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The duostock.

www.duostock.com/
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
good concept, but ugly as hell.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
good concept, but ugly as hell.

If it works, who cares how it looks. See sig line for more info.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks thats it
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I finally got too shoot with my duostock this weekend. My impression after the first round was fired was that it will take ALOT of getting used to for people that shoot nose to charging handle. It wasnt hitting me hard enough to hurt, but it sure was annoying. Using the lower part of the stock, the shoulder isnt able to asorb the recoil the same way. I cant tell you wether the muzzle was flipping up, or it was straight to the rear recoil as I had very limited time to screw around with it.  Thats just my initial impression of it, wish I could offer more advice. Maybey Ill post pictures of it when I gett the pictures back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't NewArgirl break one of these?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Mr. Kasab:

The reason it felt weird was that the lower section is mean't to go on the chest, not the shoulder.  It is designed to be placed on the upper chest component of body armor.  You should be able to keep your head up in this position.  Then you can lower the rifle to the low ready position keeping constant contact with your chest.  When you raise the rifle on target, you should be able to bring the sights up without moving your head.  It will be faster as only one thing is moving instead of the rifle coming up and your head moving down.  My team has been using it for over a year now and it takes about an hour at the range to get used to it but no one wants to trade back to the standard stocks.  We are taking 10-15 seconds off our stress-test times in SFARTAETC(for those that know what that means)

Using body armor, you square yourself to the target more to avoid exposing the arm hole.. If you shoot it in classical position or prone stance, use the upper stock surface like a regular rifle.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#8]
mgabriel,
Heres a pic of how I was using it. Do you have any pics showing proper positioning of it?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Didn't NewArgirl break one of these?  

Link to story??
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top