Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:55:33 AM EDT
Ok, I'm starting my first AR build very soon. The STAG Arms lower is on order and I already have a Bushmaster lower parts kit. Where else do you buy parts kits and is the cost savings worth it? I will be using a 6 position collapsable stock for this build and would like a 16" flat-top upper. Who would you purchase the upper from? Currently I have a Bushmaster and Fulton Armory AR in the safe. I'm inclined to stick with Fulton Armory for the upper, but would be willing to take suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, do you want to build it up by buying a upper here, a barrel there, and bolt/carrier assembly over here, or are you just wanting to get an entire kit?

I would suggest a kit of your choice from J&T or Del-Ton. They can be had with chrome-lining for about $500 you would also end up with an extra LPK if you went this route.

If it were me, I would buy a CMT 6 pos, stock for $70 (high side estimate), CMT flattop upper from Bravo Co. for $95 (or $99 w/M4 ramps), and a 16" barrel that is chrome-lined from various places for less than, say, $230ish, and a Bolt/carrier/charging handle assembly for $130ish (can be found cheaper, but I'm using high prices to set a ceiling for what you could pay).

That would put you in at about $530ish (probably lower with the right parts)

You could buy a complete RRA upper for just over $400 from ADCO that is chrome lined, but you'd still have to get a buttstock which would push you back up around $500.

Many options available, but if you decide to piece one together, you'll also have to buy $60-$70 in parts if you don't already have them.

Good luck,

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
JSESURPLUS has everything you need for just the right prices, trust me you cant find cheaper anywhere.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top