Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:10:40 AM EDT
Was at the range today...and as I promissed I would give you guys an update on my Wilson Combat M-4T.  Took about 30 minutes to get it just right...but once I did it was shooting very well.  Sub 1inch groups at 100 yards.  I didn't have a very good rest...so i'm going to get a sand bag or something to help me out.  I think with the help it will shoot 1/2inch groups all day long...most probably even less.  I was very happy with the results.

On a side note...Lake City ammo smells.  Gotta love it.  Nothing like the smell of gun powder in the morning.

I didn't have my camera on me...but plan on going back to the range real soon.  I've gotta get that sand bag first.  I'll post them for you as soon as possible.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Why are you doing everything in bold ?

There is no reason for it, especially when your post is simply an update.  Just because you know how to make everything in bold letters, doesn't mean you should.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You will not be shooting 1/2" groups with Lake City and a sandbagged rest.  Get some decent ammo and you might.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds pretty good, but +1 to the above.

LC is generally supposed to be 1-2MOA ammo, so your 1" groups are considered good. I wouldn't go out expecting to drop your group size in half next time.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
bold is actually better on my eyes
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You will not be shooting 1/2" groups with Lake City and a sandbagged rest.  Get some decent ammo and you might.

I'll bet Jack Coughlin could. But I sure can't, not at 100 yards anyway.

I was able to get 1" groups@100 yards with that Radway Green and my 1/7 20" on a sandbag. That stuff is underpowered but quite accurate.

LC is decent, it's just not meant for x-ring shooting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
bold is actually better on my eyes

Go to the top of your screen, and click on "view", then click on text size and choose a larger version than you are currently showing.  It will make it easier for you to see.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The post was about my range experience not whether or not I use bold text.  I like the way it looks and i'll keep using it.  Sorry Stickman.  Anywho, we'll see the results after I get the sand bag.  I'll be sure to post some pics.  So far the LC ammo is working just fine.  Might not be the most accurate stuff (of course not) but not too bad.  Most of the rounds were touching each other but a few were off to the right.  Maybe i'm pulling or maybe it's not ligned up perfectly.  I need a better binocular system because it's really hard to see with my 10X zoom.  Anyone know of a good brand to go with?  CHEAP is the key word.  I found a 60X for $99...anything better out there?

Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Not a problem.   Its easy enough to ignore you and get back to weapon issues.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not a problem.   Its easy enough to ignore you and get back to weapon issues.

Ummm...this forum is about a "weapons issue", this guys Wilson combat "weapon".

YOU my friend made it about disliking this guy using caps and bold, which is not a weapons issue, so lets all heed your advice, and get back to weapons issues.

Matt
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I think stickman needs to get that stick out of his a$$..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top