Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:23:31 AM EDT
I read the sight every day and rarely see anything about armalite. I have had Bushies(great), I own a RR and an Armalite A4 midlength(SWEET)! In my limited experience I think they are all great. I have never had one single problem with any of the three. Is there something I don't know or is it just not the latest fad right now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Armalite are GREAT rifles - and definitely among the very best of the manufacturers.  You would have a hard time finding a rifle with better fit and finish than Armalite, and they rarely seem to have problems (and have a great warranty).  I believe many people here have their rifles (just not in the same numbers as Colt and Bushmaster).

Some of us tend to avoid them because they believe they are slightly overpriced (like me ), but that's purely a pricing issue, not a problem with the rifle's quality or the company.  Given a good price, I wouln't hesitate to buy another Armalite.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not had any problems with the Armalite line either.  I only have the lower reciever left from my first and only Armalite.  It is the only thing left that is a Armalite piece.  I didn't like the factory trigger.  It sucked.  It took a ton to pull, and left my finger fatigued.  I replaced it with a CLE 2 stage trigger.  In it's original configuration it was very accurate.  It had a chrome lined 20" bbl, and I was stringing 5 shoots all touching off a bench at 100 meteres.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have owned the Armalite M15A4 with a 20" match barrel since last November. I added a jewell trigger and have never been anything but  extatic with the rifle's performance and accuracy.  It is tight and never ceases to get approvals from the other shooters at the range who see it in action.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a M15A2 Service Rifle since 1999 and have discovered a problem: getting up some more money to get another one! I love mine and have even used it in Service Rifle Competitions and it performed beyond my expectations for a "factory" rifle.

I love mine and want a 16" model so bad that I'm crying!

Also their Customer Service Dept. is among the best I've ever dealt with, and delivery is FAST!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Armalite is among the best.  They aren't in the "cool" crowd because they don't have any apparent government contracts.  If I had to buy a factory built rifle, I'd take an Armalite any day over many of the other "cool" manufacturers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
They are good in my book.  I like their products.  I have an Eagle Arms rifle but, I still like their stuff.

Max
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 16" match upper on an Eagle Arms lower.  I even have the overpriced Armalite trigger.  I love everything about it.  Fun to shoot and rivals some of the longer barrels.

I will only buy factory Armalite or servie rifles from WOA.

I don't know why, but I love the looks of the fiberglass float tube.  

Armalite is not a popular board topic, but are great rifles.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two Armalite's and one Bushmaster. I bought the Bushmaster first because I had to have an M4. I have to agree with the other comments about the fit and finish of the Armalite's, truley superior. The only other ARs to have a better look are the KAC and that's becuase they are'nt exactly forged. I would  not think twice about buying another Armalite.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, you are the only one with an Armalite.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you dont hear much about them because no one is really complaining about them

This is very likely the reason.

Oh, and I am an Armalite owner, except it's an AR-10, slightly modified, but it did come to me as a factory rifle.  The last factory rifle I had was in 1997.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
All this is great to hear, considering I just sent the money order for my 20" Armalite upper that was in the EE.  Only problem now is that I need a new lower to go with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t own an Armalite ar15 (and therefore can't address the quality), but I have owned 2 ar10s and the QC on the ar10 line is not very good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don’t own an Armalite ar15 (and therefore can't address the quality), but I have owned 2 ar10s and the QC on the ar10 line is not very good.

Details??
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#16]
i have an Armalite national match and have never been disappointed with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Mongo, to make a long story short:

Ar10 #1 – after multiple FTE problems Armalite replaced the barrel which has not completely fixed the problem.

Ar10#2 - I purchased a 1st quality stripped lower last winter.  Neither the safety detent nor front pivot pin could be installed.  Threads on this site indicate Armalite released a number of lowers which were defective.  The lower was returned to Armalite, who after a very long delay replaced it last month.  The replacement lower required a hammer to seat the front pivot pin and a punch to remove it, so I returned it as well.  I have been in contact with others who have received “replacement” lowers with the same problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Mongo, to make a long story short:

Ar10 #1 – after multiple FTE problems Armalite replaced the barrel which has not completely fixed the problem.

Ar10#2 - I purchased a 1st quality stripped lower last winter.  Neither the safety detent nor front pivot pin could be installed.  Threads on this site indicate Armalite released a number of lowers which were defective.  The lower was returned to Armalite, who after a very long delay replaced it last month.  The replacement lower required a hammer to seat the front pivot pin and a punch to remove it, so I returned it as well.  I have been in contact with others who have received “replacement” lowers with the same problem.

Thanks for all of that.  I plan on acquiring and/or building at least one more AR-10 and will catalog these in the back of my brain for future reference.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd like to acquire an Armalite in the future, since they're local and all, but I'll be damned if other ideas don't keep popping up before I save up the money to get one.

I'll have one, but I have a feeling it'll be later rather than sooner.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't need anymore lowers right now ( 2 complete rifles with 2 builds in the works) but if I could find an actual Armalite lower not the Eagle brand I would buy it in a heart beat. Why, just because thats why.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]
i just picked up my m15a2cb "midlength" about 3 weeks ago and am glad i spent a little extra money on it...

it just seams for lack of a better tearm solid.............

i still havent fired it yet so verdict is still out on it but it looks cool as heck lol

now all thoese extras iam lookin at hehe
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd like to acquire an Armalite in the future, since they're local and all, but I'll be damned if other ideas don't keep popping up before I save up the money to get one.

I'll have one, but I have a feeling it'll be later rather than sooner.

WIZZO

dude mega sports in plainfield got my m15a2cb for 975.00 plus tax and "phone call"
1048.00 out the door great price as far as ive seen even online
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#23]
No I have a 16" mid leangth hand gaurd carbine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I have two  ArmaLite M15A2's and one build with a ArmaLite upper and ArmaLite parts. Great Rifles from a Great Company
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I had one of their DCM guns for several years, and zero complaints.  Great rifle.  Shot better than I did.  I now have one of their A4-types that I floated and put a new trigger in.  Other than that, it's factory and I've been tickled pink with it.  They have great customer service, also.  I couldn't get the barrel nut off to put on the float tube (I had all the right equipment).  They told me to send it in, and they removed it, replaced the nut which my dept armorers and I had buggered up, and sent it back to me no charge.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have also noticed Armalite barrel nuts being WHICKED tight. Takes a good wrench, good vice, good receiver block and a whole lot of tourqe. I have never been defeated by one yet (!), but they are the tightest I've ever come accross. Not a problem (to my knowledge) just an observation.

I noticed my AR-10 barrel nut was tight also, but not really any tighter than any other factory built rifle out there.  A couple of Colt receivers I took apart were pretty tight, also.  Could be mine lined up sooner.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top