Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:13:21 AM EDT
I've heard all about colt,bushy,oly,dpms and some other ARs.  I have yet to see anyone mention one made by Barrett.  My gun guy has one.  Granted I could buy 3 bushy's for the price, but tell me about them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
+1, I would also like to hear from anyone who has one.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Need ammo.

As expensive as they are, I'd pony up for the Barrett M468 if ammo were available.

I want a Barrett, and it's the only one that I would have a place to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
My gun guy has one in 6.8 for about 2500.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Anthing Barrett makes is above top notch, but $$$$

Would I buy one if I could afford it? Hell yes!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
What is it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is it?

BTW Ronnie Barrett (Owner and CEO) is one of our nations last great patriots and gun ownership rights advocates.

a review here
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll take it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Barrett M468 6.8 REM SPC Rifle

Specs:
Caliber: 6.8 Remington SPC
Operation: Semi-Auto, Gas Operated
Overall Length: 35.4 in.
Barrel Length: 16 in. (chrome lined)
Weight: 7.3 lbs.

Features:
* Dual Spring Extractor System
* Muzzle Brake
* Folding Front Sight and Gas Block
* 5, 10 and 28 Round Magazine Configurations
* Two Stage Trigger

At this time, however, there is no telescopic stock offered as part of the weapon from Barrett. The M468 only comes with a full stock. Of course, you could always add your own.
IMHO, this is one badass weapon. If it were not so hard to buy ammo for, I would not mind having one for myself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The M468 only comes with a full stock. Of course, you could always add your own.

The M468LE has a 16" bbl and a telestock.
Think Ronnie has the same kind of restrictions in place as Colt?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The M468 only comes with a full stock. Of course, you could always add your own.

The M468LE has a 16" bbl and a telestock.
Think Ronnie has the same kind of restrictions in place as Colt?

According to the guys at Barrett, the M468-LE is only available to Law Enforcement and Military. Currently, the M468 with the full stock is the only weapon available for civilian purchase. I would check with Barrett to see if this has changed or not. They gave me this information about 6 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Drag.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is it?

BTW Ronnie Barrett (Owner and CEO) is one of our nations last great patriots and gun ownership rights advocates.

a review here

+1. I have met him; great American!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#13]
That's alot to pay for any AR type rifle.  And with ammo hovering around $1 per round and very little relief in sight in the near future, I hope your budget is substantial.  I'd build my own.  It wouldn't have the Barrett name on it, but it wouldn't know the difference.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That's alot to pay for any AR type rifle.  And with ammo hovering around $1 per round and very little relief in sight in the near future, I hope your budget is substantial.  I'd build my own.  It wouldn't have the Barrett name on it, but it wouldn't know the difference.

True, but who makes a quality 6.8mm kit? I'm really not into m1s.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Why buy a kit?  The barrel, bolt, magazine, and flashider are the only non-standard parts.  If you're inclined to customize, you'll probably want to change more parts than that, so buying everything individually isn't much more trouble.   Or you could buy a kit, plus a few more upper parts, and have uppers for both 6.8 and 5.56.

My problem is that I want a stainless midlength 16" barrel in 6.8, but I've been trying to build on little more than a M1S budget.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#16]
If I have some $$$ maybe, but I would like to build one in 18" or 20" barrel.

All the dealers are saying there will be more ammo available in October.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but who makes a quality 6.8mm kit? I'm really not into m1s.

For carbine length uppers, see Eagle Firearms or Bravo Company USA.

For midlength, see MSTN for sure and ADCO, who carried some but doesn't anymore, IIRC.

Slap it on your favorite lower.

Put the SIR rail on it.

You'd probably have about $1k left for a case of ammo and a mag or two.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top