Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:04:45 AM EDT
i am picking up my colt le6920 today... i was hoping that some of yall could tell me what to look for....just to make sure that its not a second or recondition... just anything that might help.....now the gun dealer is a repectable one and has been around to my understanding 25+yrs....so that said they must be doing something right...right
           thanks
          catfish
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think it would be good to go right out of the box.  Grab some extra mags and a case of ammo while you are there.  Bring it home, clean it and then get that puppy to the range!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats and enjoy!  BTW check the finish before you leave the shop.  Some people have complained of machine marks, etc.  If it's not going to be a safe queen then no big deal if there's a minor blemish.  Don't expect this model to be a "collectors" item, take it out ans shoot the crap outta it!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully it will be in the original box, with sealed accessory kit (2-extra mags, sling, cleaning kit, and manual. Most new ones have had 20 round mags)

Then pop the rear take-down pin and fold her open and "new or not" will be obvious by the state of the inside of the gun.

These come in a long plastic bag inside the box as well. The bag has a manufacture date- FWIW.

I doubt seriously you will have anything other than a true Colt LE6920 Brand NIB.

you may want to check if it has the M16 carrier as well, although it won't make any difference whether its factory new or not, but add a bit of authenticity to your new rig.

Oh, and take a druel cup..............your friends will need it!!

Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!  Pics please!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the support and info. now my wife will freak when she find out about my extras.
larue 7.0 rails
larue m-68 scope mount
aimpoint m-3
troy front site
troy one point
i might need i new please to sleep. i will take any offers for a warm bed and good food.
     thanks agian
       catfish
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask your dealer if he will let you break the tape seals, mine did.
If your experience is anything like mine was, I'm sure you will be tickled pink.

DR

ETA word of advice -
Before you add all your extras and accessories, it's very important to go out a shot a few hundred rounds through it bone stock, with no changes, until you establish everything is as it should be from a function, reliability and performance standpoint. When you do this make sure to use quality ammo and USGI or Colt mags (it should come with the mags). A baseline for any new weapon is important. Have fun with it
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks dr.
never thought of doing that. i definitly will shoot it first. my next question is going to be proper barrel break in..any suggestion...i know that there are alot of post ...but it gets confusing on the proper way ....hopefully it will be explained to me laymens (sp) term.
thanks catfish
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks dr.
never thought of doing that. i definitly will shoot it first. my next question is going to be proper barrel break in..any suggestion...i know that there are alot of post ...but it gets confusing on the proper way ....hopefully it will be explained to me laymens (sp) term.
thanks catfish

Because it's chrome-lined, no break in necessary. Lock and load, aim, fire. that's about it.
Break in periods are generally recommended for chromoly steel barrels that are not chrome lined, to condition the bore.

Now aren't you glad you listened and went chrome-lined?

ETA
Also make sure you field strip the bolt group, clean any cosmoline or grease away, and lube generously with CLP Break free. New parts are tight. The assembled retracted bolt should flick out to it's fully extended position when you hold the entire bolt group and flick you wrist forcefully. If it does not, it will wear in with time but lube it up good the first time you shoot it. After parts wear in together a bit, a very thin coating of lubricant is all that is needed.

You can experiment with different lubricants after if you want, but CLP break free is a good lubricant to establish your baseline function.

By doing all these things you can avoid being one of those shooters who goes to the range and encounters "issues". Also read up on your zeroing procedure before you head out to the range.

_DR

You can
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I am waiting for mine as well.   Good shooting.

Max
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
thanks for the support and info. now my wife will freak when she find out about my extras.
larue 7.0 rails
larue m-68 scope mount
aimpoint m-3
troy front site
troy one point
i might need i new please to sleep. i will take any offers for a warm bed and good food.
     thanks agian
       catfish

She will get over it.. Let her shoot it.. Works wonders on the womenz!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top