Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:03:25 PM EDT
Hello all,  I usually spend my time here in the Competition, Precision and Handloading forums as I shoot High Power, but two solid nights in the "Perfect Tactical Carbine" thread has convinced me that I've GOT to buy or build one.  Funding is going to come from the sale of a '94 Pre-Ban  *NIB* COLT HBAR Match Sporter (R6601 Blue label).  *Yes, I KNOW I should have sold it during the 'peak prices of a few years ago*, lol.

BIG gun show this weekend in Indy, and I thought I'd go down to sell it, preferrably to another attendee, rather than to a dealer.  Two questions:

1.) Seeking experience regarding asking price.

2.) Transfer regs.  I've had many rifles and lowers shipped to my local FFL.  And, of course, purchased now and then from gun shops and shows.  Indy used to allow "instant transfer" to those holding CCP's, but that's changed.  Does a private "long rifle" sale need to go through a dealer, can I just sell it, or should I pay someone to handle the transfer there at the show just to be safe.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would hazzard about $1200 if the rifle is absolutely NIB. Slightly used should go for more like $1000. That would be about what I would expect to see it priced in EE. Your local market may be a bit higher or lower.

I have no ideas what IN. state laws are for face-to-face transfers are. Fed. laws says no paperwork if both parties are citizens of the same state, but state/local laws can be more strict.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.... other opinions, of course, welcomed.....

SO NIB that it's still in the plastic bag inside.... just sat on the shelf for 11 years
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool! I'd see what others, most will be used, are going for and price accordingly. Price higher than you'll settle for so they can dicker you down. Then you're both happy.

Prices here are real goofy. That same rifle would be priced about as I said but beat to hell SP1's will have a $1400 price tag! Last one(SP1) I saw had a blued barrel and the front sight base had one taper pin and one roll pin holding it on. And a set screw up from the bottom. And several years of greasy dust and dirt. All for $1400.

Good luck.

You might consider putting it in EE and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure to get the buyer to sign a bill of sale.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, again, guys (plus a bump-up the list)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I just get them to sign a bill of sale that I made that shows their name and address, then I verify by looking at their drivers license.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're not too worried about shipping it, try putting it up for sale on the EE.  SOme states still have a ban, and I'm sure somebody in one of them would trade you/give you enough money to get the carbine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
It may just end up in EE here.. thanks for that advice as well
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top