Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:28:39 PM EDT
I saw this while browsing cheaperthandirt.com.  I think it's the disco/club version!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That's sick looking!  And by sick i mean good.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It won't pass the beauty test either.  A variation of the theme on the Colt ribbed stock.  Never did understand why they put the slots there, instead of leaving it alone.  Canted slots.....oh ok, even uglier
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
  The colt slots are for reinforcement around the tube but only serve as a grit trap for dirt, lint, etc. Nothing a good aircompresor can't fix. The interisting thing about this one I like is the built in battery compartment with trap door. Other than that I'll keep my LMT stock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It won't pass the beauty test either.  A variation of the theme on the Colt ribbed stock.  Never did understand why they put the slots there, instead of leaving it alone.  Canted slots.....oh ok, even uglier

Those are high speed, low drag slots. Designed for better airflow while you're charging the enemy. Now all we need is a magazine fairing to reduce the drag at the front of the lower and a streamlined front sight base!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the slot for the sling in front.  I don't think it would hold up to daily abuse though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are high speed, low drag slots. Designed for better airflow while you're charging the enemy. Now all we need is a magazine fairing to reduce the drag at the front of the lower and a streamlined front sight base!

Will those slots help mitigate the fact that I'm a high drag, fat bastard?

When I'm practicing my bayonet charge (I have a cabbage patch doll taped to the fridge) I can feel the wind resistance slowing me down.  

Being more aerodynamic may also help to prevent me from losing my breath in that grueling 20 feet from the couch to the fridge. Next week I'm going to start the PopTart diet-maybe that will help too
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that the other day as well and considered posting it.  but then i decided it wouldn't be much good to anyone considering all the better options out there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I can see myself at the disco now......We're gonna ROCK, down-to-TEL-E-STOCK avenue.....and then we'll take it higer!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Out in the street...(audio of three round burst)... Out in the street....(3 rd brst)...Out in the playground....in the black(rifle) part of town.................Oh-no...We're gonna rock,down-to-tele
stock-avenue....and then we'll take it higher!

I guess I've now dated myself...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
That is a TDI stock from Israel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
hmmmmm............
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Might look good with my skull cap.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#14]
IT's got a storage compartment  to keep your tampons in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

mmmm....manpons for the mangina?  

could be a spring loaded lipstick holder...that'd be "high-speed"
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Reminds me of this, for some reason...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The same style tampons as the Vltor and LMT?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#18]
TDI makes some really goofy shit.  

Try finding their adjustable varmint type stock.  It looks like that one but with adjustable levers and doo-hickeys all over it.  Kinda like the new magpul, but cheap, full of shark gill/angled cooling slots for the hot spring and buffer and garbage.

look at the lever- looks like they tried to make it really cool but all they did was create a gap for paracord or a twig to get trapped in.  then, you can't push in the lever quick enough to deploy the stock which means no cheek weld, no dead bad guy and a dead buddy

they are the makers of this gem that folds to only half of it's original "length/heigth" and keeps you from getting a nice grip around the fore-end:

they also make the backwards KAC RAS (RIS?):

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#19]
hey mfingar!  I'm reminded of corpral hudson.  "GAME OVER, MAN!  GAME OVER!  WE JUST GOT OUR ASSES KICKED PAL!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#20]
TDi may make some goofy stuff, but they also make the only FSB mounted accessory rail that's compatible with a Colt side sling mount.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#21]
TDi also displayed this stock at ShotShow 04.   I still haven't seen it advertised yet, so I do not know if it is late or shit-canned.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Just when I thought their carbine stocks couldn't get uglier....
Terrible placement of the cheek rest, so far behind as to be useless.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
One person`s ugly might be another`s perfection.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#24]
True, it's perfectly ugly
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Duffy knows what he's talking about and so do the rest of us who have seen TDI products.  

They must be selling drugs in order to make money to support this habit.  I have a feeling they are using as well, or at least their design team is...

there is a provision for a full harris bipod on that stock...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top