Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 1:24:20 PM EDT
Do these exist,I've broke several of them shootin xm193;s.an ar guy at my range said to use them.I've chked around the industry sect to no avail.Thanx
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
when you say break do you mean your axis pins snap?  Or are they not staying in place... If they're straight breaking on you I think there might be a larger issue at hand...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What brand trigger pin, I've never seen any brand pin, even the cheap ones break. If the parts kit is the same manufacturer as the pin maybe replace it with a new one, either Bushy or RRA. Yours may be out of spec.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Titanium will not solve the problem.

Get quality parts (Armalite, Bushmaster, RRA) and stop buying the bottom feeder crap.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Could he possibly be talking about the firing pin-rather than the trigger pins?

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If so then titianium is the LAST thing he'd want.  Stick with the standard chrome plated steel firing pin.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so then titianium is the LAST thing he'd want.  Stick with the standard chrome plated steel firing pin.

Agreed.

A couple years ago I got sucked into that whole "Ti is better" scam and ordered a Ti firing pin for my HK USP45. I had just busted a defective OEM firing pin and was told that Ti was better.

About 30 rounds into it the rear of this so-called "bulletproof" () Ti pin hit me in the face traveling at about Mach 3. Thank Christ I was wearing shooting glasses

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What brand trigger pin, I've never seen any brand pin, even the cheap ones break. If the parts kit is the same manufacturer as the pin maybe replace it with a new one, either Bushy or RRA. Yours may be out of spec.

Oh yeah, they break... I had one snap in two right on the center alignment notch... After examining the broken pin, you could see the steel had an air pocket in it that created the weak spot...

The pin was in my COLT receiver that I purchased already built by another person, so i'm not sure what brand the pins were... The receiver had a large pin Armalite 2-stage trigger installed, it could of been an Armalite pin, not sure if their 2- stages came with pins or not? Any way, I purchased genuine COLT pins to replace the originals, no problems since...

Like Forest said, you should get some quality replacement parts and forget about ANY Titanium parts period, they aren't anything but a wast of money...

Man, edit again, I need to start using the spell check button before I click submit
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No... Ive broken several. My receivers are in spec. and the pins were new.. They can break.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ain't chitin, I had 2 Titanium firing pins heads snap off... Piss on that Titanium garbage, its not as reliable as original parts...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Try KNS anti-rotation pins.  Denny sells them.  I won't do another AR build without them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Pins should not break, they break from improper hardening, Like Forest says, avoid the garbage and you will be fine, at least 99% of the time. Titanium is asking for trouble, especially firing pins, if they don't break they burn.

I have seen sear pins on both the Garand and M-14/ M1-A's break and in each case it was due to improper hardening. A pin should bend before it would break.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#13]
i have never had any problems with any of my std firing pins
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#14]
+2 on KNS Pins from Denny's Guns- GTS
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#15]
The problem with ti is it's very strong but it doesn't flex so it's very brittle. Especially in small parts. Get good quality steel and you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
+2 on KNS Pins from Denny's Guns- GTS

+3
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey Guy's.Sorry bout the late reply,i hit the bunk early for work.The pin's are not to old ;came from Oly,who made the bbl and lower.I recently brought a case of xm193 55grn and the first time i fired them about 30 rds into it the trig pin snapped right in the middle.2 wks later i tried again,this time 20 to 30 rds the hammer pin snapped ,same place,looked like the disconect snapped it.Like you said,cheap shit i guess.The bbl is stamped ss 5.56 so i figured it could handle the hotter load than the winny's i normaly use. I'm going to go to denny's right now and order some spare's.Thank you for the lead's much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No... Ive broken several. My receivers are in spec. and the pins were new.. They can break.

on a .223?

Yep.. I had a post on this a few months back.. The reaction that thread got was the same as yours. I can happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Only snapped one.. Walking out on one side.. I was surprised too.. The lower this happened to was a remfg Oly semi auto.. When I had it done 2 yrs ago I asked that they install a new lower kit. I only got the old hammer back, so maybe thats all they did. Who knows how old that pin was that broke.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Only snapped one.. Walking out on one side.. I was surprised too.. The lower this happened to was a remfg Oly semi auto.. When I had it done 2 yrs ago I asked that they install a new lower kit. I only got the old hammer back, so maybe thats all they did. Who knows how old that pin was that broke.

Nope I can't figure out what the problem was....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Titanium pins would be rough on your aluminum lower receiver-probably not much rougher than steel pins, but since Ti is so TOUGH, they would wear the holes faster.  Maybe even MUCH faster.  I'd go with high quality parts from a known quantity manufacturer-one that stands behind his parts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey now, I new that, ya didnt have to smack me in the face with it...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys kill me with your Oly stuff... This one  doesnt seem to have any problems...........

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You guys kill me with your Oly stuff... This one  doesnt seem to have any problems...........

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Seriously - even some Hesse/Vulcan guns run good - that doesn't mean I'm going to trust that brand...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top