Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 5:22:05 AM EDT
Howdy all.  I have been interested in picking up a few new firesticks for a while & have decided these are most likely the finalists.  I've not owned any ARs before - so help me out with any information I may find helpful.  I want to pick up one or two just to get started.

I believe I'm going to get in on the SEBR group buy - so that one is a done deal.  Keeping this in mind, would you pick up a Colt 6520 or a 6920 as a second.  I'm thinking about the 6520 as I *believe* the 6920 is a lot like the SEBR.

What are the diffs between the 6520/6920?  How about between these & the current SEBR?  B/c I don't have experience w/ these - everything looks the same to me.

I mainly want these as plinking/camping/target/home defense guns (basically I'll do it all w/ them).

Thoughts for a newb?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
get all of them
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I probably will before long - just want to know about the first two.  Decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
welcome aboard,
i think but not sure that the colt 6520 has the A2 carring handle. (non-detachable) and a light wieght barrel. were as the 6920 has a A3 carring handle and a cut away barrel. i believe the 6920 is as close as you will get to the M4 minus the `14.5" barrel and the selector switch.
hope this helps.
                        catfish
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
LE6920 gets my vote.
Nothing against the Bushy SEBR, but the 6920 will hold it's value far better and is a better carbine IMO.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top