Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:12:03 PM EDT
I just got my new RRA and went out shooting for the first time today, only 200 rounds, but I had 2 stoppages during firing.  It's a brand spankin' new rifle...and I'm assuming the buffer spring is pretty stiff, what I'm wondering is is there a break in period for as new rifle I should be aware of?  It's my first new AR so I'm hoping that's all it is.
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

D
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything probably just needs worn in. Keep it lubed with CLP and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If it malfunctions a couple times in the first 1000rds, or so, it is probably just breaking in.

After that is when it should be running 99.99%.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be curious about how well lubed the rifle was when you hit the range, and what ammo you were using.  A "brand spankin' new" RRA rifle shouldn't give you any problem if it's well lubed and you use quality ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I was using Remington ammo and it was well lubed with Militec...I'm not sure if a lot of you are familiar with that ( http://www.militec.com/ )but it's the shit, I've never been a big fan of CLP.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah...and after reading a bunch of crap online about how militec is horrible...I don't know quite how to feel about it...any opinions?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
i have had to use the forward assist twice on my new rra when releasing the charging handle. using 223 remington ammo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Range report for Monday...

Several stoppages (double-feeds) with newly built weapon.  Likely its the older mags I was using.  However, I agree that all parts need to be "seasoned" or broken-in to achieve maximum performance.  In fact on my 9mm rig' I polished the bolt's rails to REALLY glide!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]
New info...I put another 300 rounds through it today using CLP and...worked like a dream!  So back to tried, trusted and true again for me.
I love this rifle...a cop out at the range had a colt and everyone who used both our rifles liked mine better, the 2 stage trigger, balance, weight, etc.  
I love it.

D
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top