Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:25:47 PM EDT
By doing some searching on previous threads, I think I've concluded that this is the color of Norrells that I want, but my insecurity is prodding me to ask, since my budget only allows me to purchase one color right now.  I've got two new M16A1 uppers from CDNN and want to finish my lowers in a matching (or near matching color) as I like the finish that is on these M16A1 uppers.  Does this sound like the color I need?  I'm thinking Gray Flat is going to be too light.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is Norrels Colt gray/black with a CDNN upper.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
A big thanks!  That pic makes me sure I have the right color.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A big thanks!  That pic makes me sure I have the right color.

How is this done, or really how should I begin?

I have an M16A1 colt grey upper on a new doublestar lower.  I really want to color the lower in the same tone.

any help/instructions/tips would be appreciated, thanks!

-mark
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]
This is grayish black semi-gloss (custom color) on the lower, upper I got from CDNN:

The matte grayish black is too matte, and too light.  It also feels rough.  The semi-gloss is too slick and shiney.  Next time I am going to mix the two 50/50 and I think that will be about perfect.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's my lower done in Norrell flat gray-black to match a CDNN upper

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Norrel Colt grey (greyish flat black) refinished lower with CDNN Colt upper, not too bad
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
So I need to order it from Norell's?  and what's the best way to apply it to the metal?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So I need to order it from Norell's?  and what's the best way to apply it to the metal?

The easiest way is to just order through norrell's website.

And the best (only) way to apply it to the metal is via an airbrush.  Norrell's website has a detailed instruction on how to apply the finish.  A hard copy of the same insturctions will also be included when you order from Norrell's.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#9]
stickman did an article on how to refinish with Norrel's........ which I promptly stole and saved for all time.........

www.coloradoshooting.org/ar_refinishing.htm

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
stickman did an article on how to refinish with Norrel's........ which I promptly stole and saved for all time.........

....and the world is a better place for it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1

To credit where credit is due, I also used stickman's website when finishing my lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top