Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2005 8:25:57 PM EDT
I was watching a UFC fight last night w/ my roommate, and after the fight Matt Hughes was thanking his sponsors and listed Armalite.  Is this the same Armalite that makes ARs, or is there another Armalite.  I think it'd be pretty sweet if Armalite sponsored UFC fighters.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Hah funny I heard that too and was wondering the same.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It is probably for Armor Lite(it is something close to that), which is some kinda athletic clothing I think.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
pretty sure matt hughes has something to do with PPCT and police training.  maybe he has a lot of contact w/ 5-0 and got hooked up with Armalite that way.

i think the gym equipment is probably the real answer, though
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  Glad to know I wasn't the only one wondering.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to go with Armalite the AR manufacturer as their based out of Illinois and  Matt Hughes is from there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm going to go with Armalite the AR manufacturer as their based out of Illinois and  Matt Hughes is from there.

Good point; I didn't realize Matt Hughes was from there.  I think that's pretty cool to have a firearms manufacturer, and especially an AR manufacturer sponsor someone in professional sports (besides the shooting sports).
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]
not exactly the same thing, but Benchmade sponsors some UFC guys (Team Quest, Quarry, Leben)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats cool I am a big fan of the UFC and Pride fighting as well.
I have followed both for a couple of years now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
not exactly the same thing, but Benchmade sponsors some UFC guys (Team Quest, Quarry, Leben)

What's not exactly the same thing?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top