Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:41:36 PM EDT
I am considering one of these to replace a standard 6 position stock that everyone and their brother has got.  They look like they would be very comfortable, but I am a little concerned about the length.

I like to  shoot a little close in but the 8.25" with the 1'' buttpad seems a little too close.  I tried to simulate this with my 6 pos. and seems okay from what I can see.  My nose is right on top of that charging handle though.

So my question is this:  Anyone buy one of these thinking it would be alright, as far as size, but found out the otherwise, the hard way.  Any pics would be appreciated as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Szurgot, I ran an ARFX-E during the ban but replaced it the day after the sunset. While it was very comfortable not having the ability to adjust LOP was a dealbreaker for me.

Nose to charging handle works well for my offhand shooting, but when shooting prone I like having a little extra length.

I ended up selling mine to someone in a ban state. Later on when I get home I can post pics if you'd like. I have pics showing both the 1/2" and 1" pad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, please
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a full length one on one of my carbines.  I love it.  The length is just fine.  IMHO shooting any rifle with your face buried in the back of the action makes no sense whatsoever, but to each his own.  If you want a short stock then buy the short one.  Only you can make that decision!

This is my installation........

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
That is my concern with the short one.  I wish it had another inch of length ( not the first time I said that) and I wouldnt give it a second thought.  The long version for me is too long, and think it makes the rifle look unbalanced for  some reason.  I wish they had a version right in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
it depends on the length of your arms but for me the shorty with a 1" pad was just about perfect

the longer version is too long for me
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nose to charging handle works well for my offhand shooting, but when shooting prone I like having a little extra length.

That is something I had not considered, and agree with. Good point.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for the delay. Here are the two pads on my old ARFX-E:

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one, it was too heavy. it added much unneeded weight to the carbine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I like mine, works grest when you have to clear a house or office building, gives great control

copdills
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top