Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:58:40 PM EDT
When you use "Break-Free" CLP on you AR, do you spray it on and immediately wipe it off? Spray it on and wipe it off after several minutes? Or, spray it on and just leave it on? Or is there another way not mentioned that is the best method to use CLP on an AR?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
A little goes a long way. I don't think I have ever really "sprayed" it on persay. I usually just barely hit the handle on my bottle and get several drips out of it. Rub it into the surface I am treating/cleaning, then wipe off the excess with a guncloth or soft rag. It will coat the microscopic pores in the metal, thus lubricating and protecting from corrosion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually spray mine down with Breakfree PowderBlast, then spray it down with CLP. I wipe the exterior surfaces down, but keep the interior workings kinda wet. Bear in mind, I don't operate my AR in sub-freezing or extremely sandy conditions.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a cheap 1” paintbrush, I cut a bit off the tip to stiffen up the bristles. A little squirt of CLP on the bristles goes a long way, then I simply start brushing off the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
the spray can waste a lot of it
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
       I am far too cheep to buy the spray CLP . I buy the mid size bottle (16oz?) and have some small plastic bottles I found at a gunshow thet have a twist top with nozzel. I do run my gun fairly "wet" as I am only playing at the range and generally not in dusty enviroments so I reason the wetter I run it the less wear I am getting . I don't have oil dripping off but the bolt carrier,bolt and trigger has a fairly "wet" coating.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]

tagagge
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top