Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 11:31:58 AM EDT
Hi all.  I'm new to the forum, and am interested in a competition grade AR-15. Looking at Bushmaster DCM vs the RRA NM model. Which do people like better and why? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm don't personally own either, but both of them are high-quality rifles, made by companies with great reputations.

Bushmaster might have a more "established" track record and reputation, but I don't think you'll be able to find anyone that will claim that RRA is not as good.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have no experience with the DCM rifles from either company, but I've heard that the RRA NM rifles are flooding the Military shooting teams.

I know for one thing, RRA makes a good rifle and you won't be disappointed with one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a couple of each in my time and they were all champs...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't lose with either one.  Buy either one with confidence.

Max
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hi all.  I'm new to the forum, and am interested in a competition grade AR-15. Looking at Bushmaster DCM vs the RRA NM model. Which do people like better and why? Thanks!!

Rock River, most consistent fit, finish (no two tone). Sights can be set up for 1/2 or 1/4 elevation by inverting the elevation wheel, tight upper to lower fit (even though it does not matter, I like it) proper choice of available hooded aperture size, trigger is better then Bushy, great handguards that fit right and do not flex. I also like the rough or textured finish on their stocks. next to zero problems out of the box and costs considerably less and they stand by there products. Oh yeah and they shoot great.

F.A.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW!  I'm honestly surpirsed by the consistent answers so far.  I was leaning towards the Bushy before I posted, but now...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]

i'm a gigantic bushie fan,   but the RRA  NM upper assy. comes with a flash suppressor .

that's worth a few points in my book  (  bushie indicated to me the other day that they

wern't interested in putting one on for me either)    
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
RRA has a lifetime warranty on their complete rifles, too.

It also comes with a 2-stage trigger standard.

Not sure about the Bushy, but I thought Bushy's warranty was only for a year (but they typically go above and beyond and service rifles out of warranty)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I own a Bushy (not a DCM model), but for your purposes I'd go RRA, mainly due to the fact that it comes with a MUCH better trigger than one that Bushmaster puts in theirs. I've owned both triggers, and believe me, the RRA 2-stage trigger beats the hell out of the BM version.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Zardoz and everyone else.  This info is REALLY helpful!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I called places inquiring about ordering a RRA NMA2 after all your great advice.  Guess what?  In its stock form, it is NOT Massachusetts compliant.  I am sick of this stupid state.  I'm currently looking for a new job, and I just started looking in NH today.  My parents think I'm nuts, I don't care.

I have to order a MA compliant, which means it's special order, which adds HUNDREDS to the price I've been quoted otherwise!!  UGH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, I called places inquiring about ordering a RRA NMA2 after all your great advice.  Guess what?  In its stock form, it is NOT Massachusetts compliant.  I am sick of this stupid state.  I'm currently looking for a new job, and I just started looking in NH today.  My parents think I'm nuts, I don't care.

I have to order a MA compliant, which means it's special order, which adds HUNDREDS to the price I've been quoted otherwise!!  UGH!!!!!!

Come on up Brother!

If you want to try out a Rock River two stage and compare it with other match triggers let me know. We could make arrangements to meet at my local club. I'll bring the toys-and the ammo will be on me

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Shadow,

Check your mail
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top