Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:42:37 PM EDT
I posted this in the Other accessories forum but wanted to put it in here for higher traffic.

I have this rifle www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16.asp

I heard Harris lightweight bipods are good. What high quality bipod can I buy that work on it without changing my handguards? The lighter the weight the better. I will be using it for shooting on a bench or laying down.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
This seems to be a good setup for me.  It is a Harris #5 adapter and the  1A2 BR ultralight

comes off in seconds, good on deer rifles too.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
little OT but I have been having trouble with my Harris getting loose. After 30 or so rounds at the range I have to re-tighten the knob so it wont wobble. Anybody elese have this problem?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but I work with my hands wrenching things all day.   The wheel/knob has a allen wrench fitting in the middle, a 1/4 turn should keep it tight.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, thats a nice setup. I'll look online for a good price unless somebody knows who has the best price.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No, but I work with my hands wrenching things all day.   The wheel/knob has a allen wrench fitting in the middle, a 1/4 turn should keep it tight.

I concur with the use of an allen wrench to tighten the knob so that it doesn't work loose after repeated firings.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
midway usa have some pretty good pricing on harris bipods
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the harris bi-pods. I want to get one for my 20" A3 build.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top