Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:38:15 PM EDT
I'm looking for a nice Flash Hider for this Years SEBR. Can you guys give me your opinion and feedback on the different Flash Hiders that are out there? Can you tell me what all is involved with removing  the permanent Izzy that will be on it, and putting another one on? I've seen a lot of goods things posted about the Phantom by YHM Hider.....   I'd like to see what you guys think!

Thank,
Mike
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty impressed with the Phantom.

I was getting quite a big flash out of my 10.5" barrel (SBR) with an A2, but the Phantom really controlled it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
you can hige Fash?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing I've ever seen come out of my 20" AR barrel is a spark from time to time using a YHM-28 and thats in low light conditions.

The YHM-5C2 is nice and has the closed bottom, but lacks the sharp edges of the YHM-28 (which I like)
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you can hige Fash?

Ahaaahaaahahaha !   You had a typo in your mocking of his typo!!  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats funny....Almost as funny as the: "Leave me alone, Im pondering my gay pole"............"POLL"   thing

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can you tell me what all is involved with removing  the permanent Izzy that will be on it

Thank,
Mike

I was under the impression that they couldn't be removed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm impressed by my Phantom.

Check out this site..its a bunch of pics of flash hiders on guns actually being shot...so you can see how well they work...very interesting.
www.silencertests.com/flash.htm

I did not find that site so no credit to me...I don't remember who posted that site a while back but thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you can hige Fash?

Ahaaahaaahahaha !   You had a typo in your mocking of his typo!!  

What an idiog!  Hahahaha!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a fan of the Phantom as well,  it does a much better job of hiding the flash than an A2.  FWIW, mine is the one without the downward facing ports.  It helps to not kick up dust when firing prone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Rifleman2000....

The Izzy on this years SEBR is permanently fixed on the barrel, so it can't be removed my hand. I have read where a gunsmith a cut off the permanent  brake/hider, and then stake and weld on  the new FH/brake...  I was just wondering more in detail waht was involved..  any special washers needed, etc......?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
To remove a FS that has been pinned and welded find the spot that has been welded (ususally a slightly discolored area, there may be 2) and using a dremel tool to grind through the weld until the pin is located and can be removed.  Once the pin is out the FS can be removed by unscrewing it.  To replace it with one that is not permanent you need the new FS and either a peel washer (old method) or a crush washer (better IMHO).  

Also,  there are several posts on this in the "Build your own" section.

Sarge
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Bushmaster pins the 6 and 12 oclock posistions.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top