Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 3:16:26 PM EDT
What is the difference between a full circle Colt bolt assembly and a Sporter cut-a-way?  Does it make any difference in performance?  Finally, if you currently have a cut-away bolt, can you swap it out with a regular bolt at a later time or do you have to use another cut-away bolt, or, conversly, can you use the cut-away bolt in another AR15 that came with a conventional bolt assembly?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use the cutaway/sporter/sp1 carrier in anything. You can't use a full circle carrier in certain Colt weapons with sear blocks. The sear block can be removed. Theoretically the heavier the carrier, the better the weapon functions. In practice I've yet to see a difference, but I like M16 carriers nonetheless.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
M16 carriers =  MG upper  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
M16 carriers =  MG upper  

I like to be able to pull my upper and use it on somebodies RR or a LE/MIL rifle at classes and MG shoots and such.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top