match tolerances on machining.
crisp, 6lb letoff
lighter hammer, lighter springs
drop-in (!)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to this trigger? SAW LINK

If so, I run a couple of them and like them a lot. They are a good improvement over stock, but still not as crisp as an Accuracy Speaks or other top shelf aftermarket single stage.

If you are looking for a good improvement over stock then the Colt comp trigger is a safe bet. If you are looking for a glass rod crisp break then you would be better served by looking elsewhere.

Here's one of mine:

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That's it, CJan, thanks!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's it, CJan, thanks!  

Happy to help

If you end up installing one please let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your impressions of the comp trigger over stock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to be a Turd in the punchbowl, but I tried one on a used 6724, It seemed like a good lighter trigger but not a JP caliber.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Been running Colt single stage triggers on both my Colt lowers for at least 6 years and roughly 3 to 4 thousands rounds each. No complaints. Still going strong. Much smoother than the factory FCG the lowers came with, but not as crisp as the CMC and RRA 2-Stage FCGs I'm running in my Bushmasters lowers.

Even used one in a tactical carbine course configured as an M4gery. This is an early 90's lower with the notorious sear block that precludes the installation of most other competition FCG's. Only malf was due to a blown primer where the primer cup lodged under the back end of the trigger (Ammo was from that bad batch of US made Winchester Q3131 made in the late 90's)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey CJan_NH, Look what I found  www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35878116
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
A 6 lb "match" trigger?  

That's some serious Colt Kool Aid.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A 6 lb "match" trigger?  

That's some serious Colt Kool Aid.

Mine are 4.5#

Quoted:
Hey CJan_NH, Look what I found  www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35878116

Nice! I like that price too
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not to be a Turd in the punchbowl, but I tried one on a used 6724, It seemed like a good lighter trigger but not a JP caliber.

No, you're exactly right LP. It's a good improvement over stock-but it can't hold a candle to my Accuracy Speaks FCG.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Damn, and only $27 bucks too!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, and only $27 bucks too!

Yeah I got lucky with that one

Now all I need is to find a disconector
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess the question I meant was, Is it a viable improvement over stock, with NO sacrifice in reliablilty?

Colt may refer to it as match, but my interest is in having a better "stock-ish" trigger.  Carbine use, not match use.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Guess the question I meant was, Is it a viable improvement over stock, with NO sacrifice in reliablilty?

Colt may refer to it as match, but my interest is in having a better "stock-ish" trigger.  Carbine use, not match use.

+1, I want to know too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got one in my Colt, nice upgrade over the stock FCG but it's no KAC :D
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I located and purchased the Disconnect and 2 new pins from Numrich gun parts (received them the other day) and my gunbroker auction Colt Match trigger/hammer and springs were in with today's mail

Before installing the parts, I hosed them down with action cleaner, sprayed a light coat of lube on them and in they went

For being a standard type FCG, I'm very impressed with it...

It has very little creep (hardly noticeable), a 4.5 pound pull and a really nice "crisp" let off, with absolutely NO over travel The Teflon coating really seems to help with the smoothness of the pull...

Man am I happy with this FCG

This will be my 3rd FCG (Armalite 2-stage, JARD, and now this) that I've tested in this carbine and it definitely takes the cake
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#16]
i have one in my colt A3 and it's nice for a stock trigger and has never given me a problem in 2000 plus rounds.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i have one in my colt A3 and it's nice for a stock trigger and has never given me a problem in 2000 plus rounds.

Considering how close it is to the original standard design, I kind of figured it would be dependable...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]
It is my understanding that you can install the low-mass hammer and blue spring without the trigger for an improvement in trigger feel without adversely affecting reliability.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You should be very happy.  I had one in my CR6724, but swapped it out for a JP because I wanted a lighter / crisper trigger pull on a target gun.  The Colt Match FCG found it's way into my carbine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Anyone have experience with these?  According to SAW, they are:

teflon coated
match tolerances on machining.
crisp, 6lb letoff
lighter hammer, lighter springs
drop-in (!)

Thanks!

After further testing the pull, mine is more towards the 5lb mark... But everything else you have listed is the real deal

I can guarantee that you would like it a lot more than the original stock FCG...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top