Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:56:16 AM EDT
Anyone have one?I am strongly considering getting one,I have never had a problem with brass in the face but it has got to be easier for a lefty to use.I am sure every south paw here including me has gotten proficient with a standard configured but this has got to be easier to use.Any other south paws considering one or have one?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I am a left handed shooter and have the DPMS Southpaw and a Stag-15L.  I encourage all lefties to purchase left-handed firearms.

Where in LA are you?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone have one?I am strongly considering getting one,I have never had a problem with brass in the face but it has got to be easier for a lefty to use.I am sure every south paw here including me has gotten proficient with a standard configured but this has got to be easier to use.Any other south paws considering one or have one?

I also have a DPMS lefty and like it a lot...people on the left side have to duck now.lol....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I am in Bossier City.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m a leftie and I’m just going to stick with the AR the way it is.

There does seem to have been a recent rash of threads concerning left handed shooters and left handed arfs; might want to do a little search and read through them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I own a Stag 15-L and absolutly love it. No more hot brass going across my face anymore, which is a huge comfort and which allows me to enjoy shooting more. IMO, the Stag Leftie is a 100 times better thsn the dpms, the Stag is a true mirror image upper, everything was done leftie. I would recommend this rifle to any southpaw.

"Fear the Deer"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Iwas not very impressed with the Panther South Paw because of that very reason.With that said I wish DPMS made thiers like stag because I really like panther rifles.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I've shot a couple of different left handed AR's and wasn't impressed.  For me it's no harder or less comfortable to shoot the standard AR left handed, I don't see or feel the brass going by and have never felt a powder blast anywhere on my face.  This gives me the added benefit of being able to pick up any AR and fire it without a learning curve and any AR parts will work in mine.  Besides, sooner or later you'll want other guns, finding a left handed AK, FAL or others is, to my knowledge, impossible.  Better just to start getting used to shooting RH weapons now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot left handed (left eye dominant), but I prefer to see the brass eject on the R/H side.  I know immediately if there is functional problem.  When the shell ejects on the left, I am left blind sided and many time don't realize there is a malfunction until I attempt another shot.  That could be a real problem in certain situations.  Of course most all of the time there is no problem, but I test a lot of new equipment and it always surprises me when there is a stoppage that I didn't see with the L/H guns.

If you only shoot one gun all the time, you can usually hear and feel the difference if the bolt does not go home on a fresh round however.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a DPMS Southpaw upper.  The left handed ejection can be an advantage, at times, but there are drawbacks.  The DPMS Southpaw requires a left handed bolt (cam pin hole is at a different angle) which is more expensive than a standard bolt and is only available in 5.56mm (limits your caliber options).  All other parts used in the DPMS Southpaw upper are standard right handed parts (but it doesn't use an ejection port cover).  The Stag left handed upper requires not only a left handed bolt, but also a left handed carrier and a special barrel extension.  If you like to build your own, finding the special parts can add to the trouble and/or expense of your build.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I like my LH WOA built Stag. This one has a WOA SS SPR barrel, WOA DCM float tube, and a flat top gas manifold. The lower has pretty nice trigger job. I call it my sleeper AR - Looks pretty plain Jane, but looks are deceiving as it shoots like a laser.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/315526.JPG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top