Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:04:54 AM EDT
I bought an AR from Carrico's Armory a week ago over the phone.  The gentleman that I talked to seemed like a relaly nice guy.  I gave him my credit card number, and then he said he would get my AR in the mail ASAP.  He also said that he would shoot me an email with a pics of my AR just so I could see what it was going to look like.

Well I got the pictures and it looked great.  In the email he also mentioned that if I didn't want the carry handle, he would credit my card for $75.  I replied back and said OK.  

Well it's been a week now, I've got my AR....no carry handle.......but no credit back to my card for $75.

I've left a few messages on his phone, and also sent a few emails ....and have not had any replys.

The guy I talked to seemed like a great guy, and I doubt he's trying to rip me off.  I'm just trying to find out what the problem is with refunding me my $75 like he had promised....and why I can't get ahold of anyone.

Anyone deal with Carrico'z Armory lately?  Had any calls back from them??

Thanks  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:15:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...... In the email he also mentioned that if I didn't want the carry handle, he would credit my card for $75.  I replied back and said OK.  ..........

This part of your post is a little confusing, and perhaps he was too.

however, you should have either the CH or the $75

then again, it took me 6 weeks to get a documented "credit" back from Oakley Sunglasses (credit card 'refund')

Maybe its more a function of the CC company than the seller.

Call him
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
After 10 or so lowers and several uppers, nothing but FIRST RATE service has come my way from them.  They are very hard to get on the telephone, but rest assured, they will eventually get you taken care of.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes...they are first rate. Great deal on my AR...and shipped out to me fast.

I was just wondering why I can't get ahold of anyone.  I guess I will give it another week and see what happens.

The deal with the CH was this......  I ordered a flat-top AR w/ CH.  He said if I didn't want the CH...the AR would be $75 less.  This was after I had already been charged for the CH...so he said he would have to credit the $75 back to my account.

I didn't want the CH so I said OK...take the CH and give me $75
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Good people to deal with. Can be difficult to reach on the phone. I had problems with some Mega lowers I got from him  that were directly replaced by Mega because they did not want to burden him with the warranty work.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I had really good luck with them and would recommend them to anyone.  Sometimes if the credit appears in the middle of a credit card statement period, you won't see the credit until the next statement period.  I really don't believe that he would screw you out of the $75 probably just a miscommunication or something to do with the billing cycle on your credit card.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#7]
He isn't jerking you around, he is just obscenely busy.  He is one of the people that I trust and deal with on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry. I've order lowers twice, each time took me a week of calling to get a hold of them. One order took 5 weeks to come (but there was FFL paper work going back and forth) and the other order 3 weeks.

It is worth the wait, since their product is really high quality at a really low price.

It isn't a huge operation from my understanding, and demand is very high - they they are ultra busy.

Just look at Bushmaster, they are a big firm with 6+ weeks of wait for barrels, 5 months of wait for bolts/carriers......

All AR stuff is in high demand.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a complete lower from them awhile back. Just after the sunset. It took awhile to get the lower but it was worth it. Very good quality. I plan on getting another one soon. If I can get some money together anyways. I'm to poor for BRD.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I've heard nothing but good about those guys!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
they're local and I've heard nothing but good things about them from their customers tho I have had no direct dealings with them.

+1

I know Clint/iblis and he is a stand up guy.  He is insanely busy and I'm sure he is not trying to rip you off.  Also know that his shop is not his primary occupation.  I'm sure you will be taken care of.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I understand that they are extremely busy....but he had enough time to charge me for the gun....he should have enough time to give me my refund on the CH.

Think of all the business they are loosing by not ever answering the phone....maybe then need to hire some more help But I must say.....they have awsome prices and are very friendly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't worry. He is a great guy to deal with. I had a situation regarding a credit too and it took a while. Like the above members say, he is very busy so be patient.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Carricoz Armory

mr. clinton, although took a little time to answer my EMs, shipped my order fast

he might not have the time to answer his EM or phone (never could get him on the phone), but he will straighten eveything out

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, maybe I jumped the gun a bit.  I got a call from Clinton and he said that it was all taken care of.....and it was.

I guess they are just really busy (just like you guys said).  I'm looking forward to doing business with them again By the way, how can I post a pic of my new AR?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top