Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 4:29:50 AM EDT

guys, help me out here.

i have an early troy MRF-CX on one of my guns. i love it, but i can't get my hands on another.

what's the deal with the samson parts? are they the same? is one a subcontractor for another? or is one just a copy of the other?

i'm trying to decide if i want to wait for a troy, or if it doesn't make sense because they are the same.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
They look the same to me except for the engraved name. I'm plenty happy with my Samson.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
from what I can tell 3 of my friends have Samson's and I just got my Troy.  The Detent on Samson barely goes into the lower rail, on Troy's the detent comes almost flush with the whole in the lower rail.  So in Full auto fire the lower rail will not come loose.  This is why Troy does not need a added parts to secure the rail, and Samson does (the screw that holds it in place)  Troy also includes 3 TangoDown Rail panels... not sure if Samson does.  Troys is on sale for $225 this month, and I think Samson's is like $250 or something.  I am a cheap bastard so I bought a Troy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top