Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:35:29 AM EDT
Will this upper work well with a standard 223 lower and regular buffer and spring

Thanks Copdillshug.gif
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, as long as the pivot pin size is the same or you have the proper adapter, I beleive most if not all were made with the standard size pivot pin. My buddy has an upper and before he found a new Colt lower he borrowed one of my bushy lowers and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the infomation I wasn't sure if you would need a different hammer, buffer or buffer sprin to make it run smooth, but if it ran alright with your regular upper I guess I'am good to go

thanks copdills
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I did have a Jewell trigger in that lower with a narrow hammer but if I'm not mistaken all of the Colt bolt carriers used in the 7.62x39 were shaved so any hammer (FCG) will work.

My buddy had this upper for several years and never shot it because all his lowers were large pin and he didn't trust the conversion pins, after I gave him my bushy lower to at least shoot it before he sold it, he fell in love with it. It's a fun gun and his is quite accurate, now I kind of want one but I opted for an AR-10 instead.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top