Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:03:47 AM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

I was just checking out the inventory list at autoweapons.com and I came across something I've never seen before, a four position M16 fire control group.

According to the product writeup this FCG features Safe, Semi, Full, and Three Round Burst. Have any of you ever seen or used one firsthand?

The individual components are pretty unique, here's the autoweapons.com pic:

I uploaded this pic to my webspace to avoid hijacking their bandwidth.

Here is their item description:

"COLT ENHANCED COMMANDO/M4 FOUR (4) POSITION FIRE CONTROLS -- THESE ARE THE SUPER RARE 4 POSITION SAFE, SEMI, FULL AUTO AND THREE ROUND BURST FIRE CONTROLS THAT WERE USED ON THE LIMITED PRODUCTION COLT ENHANCED SPECIAL PRODUCTION MACHINE GUNS...THE SET INCLUDES ALL NEEDED COLT FACTORY ITEMS TO MAKE YOUR M16 FIRE IN BURST AS WELL AS SEMI AND FULL....RARE FACTORY ITEM"

I'd love to know how the positions on the lower were laid out-any ideas?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the M16 section and you will very quickly come across some people who have installed the 4-posistion Selector on their M16’s.
Most quickly go back to three position Selectors.

There is a somewhat famous set of pictures of somebody who had the following pictures of their Selector switch.

Pic 1 was the standard Safe/Semi/Auto
Pic 2 was the new four position Selector
Pic 3 had a caption: “Three weeks later”.  The selector was back to the original three position Selector.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Surely you've been here long enough to know better......
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
a photo of the lower is offered in our tacked "Rollmark, barrel markings", etc. thread

see it here

it is interesting, especially if you have the Enhanced M4 lower to host it!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#4]
CJan_NH,

I've played around with them and rebuilt them a few times, but I have always been underwhelmed by them.  They were made after being requested specifically for a certain group, who I don't think used them for very long.  

Its one of the things that is brought up in the armorers school just in case you ever run across them.  I think they could have cut the cam to 2 round burst and made it more interesting, but that is just me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top