Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:57:06 PM EDT
What kind of uppers can fit the sp1 lower.  I've seen advertised uppers that say they have the "small hole"   My sp1 doesn't have the quick release front pin but rather the flat head screw type.  I doubt I will replace my upper as its all original but I was curious about the "small hole" ad.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Small hole pivot pin is .250 diameter. Any upper with small hole pivot pin should fit and even the large hole .312 diameter will fit too using an adapter pivot pin.

You're lucky to have an SP1. My first AR was a Colt SP1 back in '71.

I wish I haven't sold it to buy an AR-15A2 back in the mid 80's.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of uppers can fit the sp1 lower.  I've seen advertised uppers that say they have the "small hole"   My sp1 doesn't have the quick release front pin but rather the flat head screw type.  I doubt I will replace my upper as its all original but I was curious about the "small hole" ad.

You are probably referring to the CDNN "SP1 Upper" ad. Those uppers are in fact M16A1 uppers, not SP1 uppers. Maybe they are just afraid to advertise them for what they really are.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top