Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:31:25 PM EDT
I came across the following rifle today. I have not ever owned an AR, but from looking at this site the price seems to be very good. If I pick up the package, what would be a reasonable asking price when selling it?

Colt AR15
Model SP1
Serial Number SP227XX
16 inch barrel with flash hider and bayonet lug
Extra collapsible stock and buffer
Colt 3x20 scope
5 magazines

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Don
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you buying it or selling it?  I can't tell from your post.

You also need to give some idea of its condition.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about that.

I am buying it, and plan on turning right around and selling it - looking to see what reasonable price to seel it for would be.

I would estimate the rifle to be in 90 to 95%.

I would estimate the scope to be in 80 to 85%.

Thanks,

Don
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad, disregard, nothing further to add.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Please kkep in mind that the ATF frowns opon buying and selling a gun for a profit. Turn key sale?

The rough worth? $1K at best.

I paid $700 for a preban SP1 a few months ago, with all the original stuff and box. No scope.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Please keep in mind that the ATF frowns opon buying and selling a gun for a profit. Turn key sale?

From someone using "badge" in their user name...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please keep in mind that the ATF frowns opon buying and selling a gun for a profit. Turn key sale?

From someone using "badge" in their user name...

Huh? Care to let us all know what that means?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I apologize if I offended anyone by posting this.

I have bought many firearms in the past knowing they were a good deal and that sooner or later I would sell them. I was just being honest, and I am well aware of how the ATF feels.

Basically, I have been offered this package for $500 and I wanted to know if it was a decent investment. Being a member on this forum (although not extremely active) I felt that this would be an excellent place to seek advice from fellow gunowners, who know much more about this type of rifle than I do.

Again, I sincerely apologize.

Don
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I apologize if I offended anyone by posting this.

I have bought many firearms in the past knowing they were a good deal and that sooner or later I would sell them. I was just being honest, and I am well aware of how the ATF feels.

Basically, I have been offered this package for $500 and I wanted to know if it was a decent investment. Being a member on this forum (although not extremely active) I felt that this would be an excellent place to seek advice from fellow gunowners, who know much more about this type of rifle than I do.

Again, I sincerely apologize.

Don

That is a horrible deal.  You're getting ripped off big time.  Give me there phone number and address and I'll give them a large chunk of change piece of my mind.

J/K  I wish I could find deals like that,  The last gun show,  someone was selling one for 1200
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I doubt you offended anyone, bbadge

and the $500 sounds like a quick $300-$600 depending on originality, condition, etc.

Many firearm buyers like to think of their purchases as worth more than they pay

Based on you "I have never owned an AR" reference, I'd say- get one, you will find out what all the fuss is about.

and for Heaven's sake, chime in once in a while!  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I always wanted an AR, but I wanted the 9mm version. With the prices the way they are now, I will probably never get one.Don
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Go check the barrel marks on top look for C MP that tells you it is Colt. Sound like a great deal to me . $500 is cheap
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine says C MP B. Does that sound right?

Don
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top