Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:38:29 AM EDT
My friend just took a Colt AR in trade for a debt. It has a birdcage but no bayo lug. From the dust all in the magwell, it looks like it was shot a few times then put in a closet for years and years. Near perfect condition.

The only thing I noticed bad is that the buttstock looks like it was wiped down with something that took the black finish off. Not sure what is is, but it is as if the plastic itself was bleached out somehow.

Is there anyway to remedy this? I'm afraid that if I rub it down with OOO steel wool it will leave marks.

click to enlarge
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Armor All?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If nothing else replace it.
They are not very expensive and you can find one at just about any gun show.

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say that is normal.  Both my Sporter IIs have stocks that look like that.  I don't think anything was done to it.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is only a cosmetic blemish, don't worry about it.
Clean your weapon.
Buy a case of ammo.
Get some good USGI mags.
Shoot the hell out of it.
Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a Colt.
Shoot the motherfucker.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]

It's a Colt.

Shoot the motherfucker.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top