Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:56:39 PM EDT
Okay, some time ago (in the last 2 years I think), a member here posted a pic of a "proposed" round he/she was thinking of making.  It was called the "44 Thermophylae", bascially the same principal as the 440 Corbon, but using .50 Beowulf as the parent case.

I wa wondering if this has gotten anywhere or just stayed as an idea w/ a example round....

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]

This is what I was talking about..... does anyone recall seeing this posted here long ago....  Or who did it?

The info I recalled, it was just a dummy round as the person had Beawulf brass and 440 Corbon dies.... the individual was 'thinking' of having an upper made (reamer, dies, etc...)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks interesting.  The downrange ballistics would have to be better then that of the Beo.  Does that use a .429 profectile?  There are some great ones out there for that bullet diameter: Partition, Solid Copper, XTPs, ...  The only complication may be the barrel diameter in the AR...?
nate
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I was trying to find out of the member who orginally posted (and created the dummy round) would post.  Last I recall, the person was thinking of making a custom reamer to make the said round...... but tha was about 2 years or more ago.....

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top