Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:15:51 AM EDT
There has been this guy at the last two gunshows with several DPMS lowers. He claims "this is all there is is, you wont find any more" yet, he always has plenty ...

anyway, he claims the reason for this is that ALL new M16's will be made by DPMS. I call BS simply because it's a gunshow guy spouting the usual "buy it now or the world will end" BS ...

Anyway, I just wanted to be sure, you never know. Who IS making a mojority of them now for the military?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Yea, it’s true! I heard that FN and Colt both lost their contracts!!! DPMS beat them out!!!!

Wonder how that guy got the info so quickly?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I just saw an ad in gun's and ammo's "book of the ar15" from vulcan armament that claimed they were in service with the US special forces in afganistan and iraq.

'
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yea, it’s true! I heard that FN and Colt both lost their contracts!!! DPMS beat them out!!!!

Wonder how that guy got the info so quickly?  

I dunno, but he's been telling this story for 2 or 3 months ..... but he always has new DPMS lowers to sell! and he went up on his price also. ($129 to $169 - stripped lower).

It's funny .... I bought one from him last year (for $129).... his daughter was watching the table while dad was away. She is about late 20's and cute as damn button. She INSISTED I didnt need to fill out any paperwork to buy that DPMS lower! I told her I did, but she insisted she was correct. "We will find out when my father gets back, he knows!"  

When she found out I was right, I wanted to scold her by pulling her panties down around her ankles and spanking her fine little buttocks, but I didnt go there since her father was there and all .... , so I took my lower home and left her lower alone.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
for that price i would have expected a lot more.

$169 is bushmaster price
oh, and military contract?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You mean I should have bought more?  I buy one nearly everytime I go to a gunshow, but I usually buy Bushmaster or Rock River ....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I get my DPMS lowers for $100 from brownells then ship them to my FFL so out the door is $105........ cant do better than that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
DPMS indeed beat out Colt and FN with their CAST RECEIVERS!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#8]
no, not cast........forged!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Now that’s BS! Your thinking of the Oly cast receivers. At the last gun show, I overheard standing at the beefjerky stand, that the reason the Plinker II now comes with a forged receiver is because all the cast ones are being shipped off to fulfill military contracts.

And the guy who sells those wooden rubberband shooting pistols confirmed the story!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that’s BS! Your thinking of the Oly cast receivers. At the last gun show, I overheard standing at the beefjerky stand, that the reason the Plinker II now comes with a forged receiver is because all the cast ones are being shipped off to fulfill military contracts.

And the guy who sells those wooden rubberband shooting pistols confirmed the story!

You aint heard it right unless you heard it from the snowcone man! he says Oly M16's makes the bullets tumble. But thats ok since it rips the enemy to shreds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#11]
i've never seen whole DPMS rifles over here. But many of our A1 to A2 conversions use DPMS barrels.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean I should have bought more?  I buy one nearly everytime I go to a gunshow, but I usually buy Bushmaster or Rock River ....

i got the dpms lowers for $100 out the door when i picked up the few i got.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i've never seen whole DPMS rifles over here. But many of our A1 to A2 conversions use DPMS barrels.

Which brings me to another question. When Bushmaster or DPMS makes an M16 for the military. Do they stamp on the same big logo? or is the company name just in-discreetly stamped on somewhere?

I would think the DPMS units have not had time to reach the "front" yet ....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Well that’s kinda neat to know! I just built a CAR15 using a DPMS light weight barrel from Del-Ton along with a re-barrel on my M4gery, again using Del-Tons DPMS M4 barrel. I’m very satisfied with both barrels.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that’s kinda neat to know! I just built a CAR15 using a DPMS light weight barrel from Del-Ton along with a re-barrel on my M4gery, again using Del-Tons DPMS M4 barrel. I’m very satisfied with both barrels.

I've been impressed with every DPMS barrel I've ever used or inspected. I have one on my post-ban superlight. Back when that was the only way i could build a new superlight.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Off the top of my head I only know of three M16A2 convertion kit contractors, they are EMCO, Capco, and Colt's.  Thier barrels are marked as such:

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
P MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

How are these DPMS barrel marked?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#17]
That is really funny
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Off the top of my head I only know of three M16A2 convertion kit contractors, they are EMCO, Capco, and Colt's.  Thier barrels are marked as such:

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
P MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Damn... i guess you got me there. They are marked P MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

When i asked a few months/years back, i was told P was DPMS.....for "Panther Arms".

You are a sharp one. heheh...I'm going back in my corner now.

(learn something new every day)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Whenever I have contact with enlisted men we always talk weapons and such. I've never seen anything other than Colt's and FN.

I have encountered a couple of those DPMS "Kitty Kats" in LEO and private security hands though. Nice little weapon
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Did some searches here:

www.defense.gov/search/

I can find hits for Colt's, FN, and Capco, but for some reason don't get any hits on DPMS, Bushmaster, Vulcan Arms, or Mattel for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
P MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

When i asked a few months/years back, i was told P was DPMS.....for "Panther Arms".

Keeping track of such trivia is my hobby.  You keep safe over there!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
P MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Didn't you know Ekie is the resident "ARFCOM Myth Buster"!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
P MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Didn't you know Ekie is the resident "ARFCOM Myth Buster"!

I may know some trivia, but it is guys like NAM that make the World a safer place, and I thank God every night for such men, and pray for thier safe return.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#24]
It's true, I heard the Army SEAL's are getting them!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Actually its the Navy Rangers.

Get your shit straight
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually its the Navy Rangers.

Get your shit straight

Damn, that's what the Coast Guard Scout Sniper(546 confirmed kills) I met at the gun show told me...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I may know some trivia, but it is guys like NAM that make the World a safer place, and I thank God every night for such men, and pray for thier safe return.

I hear ya buddy, I hear ya!

What our guys and gals are going through over there makes my service in the first Gulf War pale in comparison!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear ya buddy, I hear ya!

What our guys and gals are going through over there makes my service in the first Gulf War pale in comparison!

Know what you mean, I was in during that time frame, and never got orders to go.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, that's what the Coast Guard Scout Sniper(546 confirmed kills) I met at the gun show told me...

you might not be too far off if Remington/DPMS wins the SASS contract..

This Bushmaster thing is a little troubling.. a lot of people said Bushmaster never supplied anyone...

I had a Colt M4 barrel in 1988, a year I had Bushmaster M4 barrels.  then I heard Bushmaster supplied some weapons to Navy to supplement the shortage...hmmm

There are Bushmasters in service, and some members here have seen them.  They were "off the shelf commercial purchases".  That is how carbines were purchased in the late 80's early 90's.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top