Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:32:27 PM EDT
What is the best forend I can get? I dont really care to get a flip up fs so it couldnt be too long. Basically I want one that is pretty light, or average, with a good finish and one that doesnt twist at all. Id prefer not to remove the gas block, but it doesnt matter.

I cant really find any reviews of forends on the board???

What do you think? I am thinking about GGG, Troy or Larue.hanksMatt
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an excellent FAQ on forends here that should answer many of your questions. A couple of members put a lot of work into it

Forend FAQ
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
that is a very nice thread, but since the main chart has disappeared I had a hard time with it.

Basically I also want the rail from the top of my a4 to extend all the way to the front sight. Also, I am wondering about the finishes on these?

My larue mount for my eothingy has a paper thin finish and I dont want to be showing bare metal after mounting a bipod to my gun.

The troy and ggg look VERY nice though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The main chart is there, you just have to scroll down a bit
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Larue, DD, Troy

Pick one.

GGG is too heavy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

GGG is too heavy.

thats what I was thinking, I will probably go with the troy because my troy buis is built like a rock.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#6]
How about the Samson MRFS-CX? You keep your standard front sight base and gas block. It weighs 13.2 ounces. It is a two piece free float, so installation is a lot easier. If you don't have any problems with cutting your delta ring, you don't have to remove the front sight base or barrel to install it. The finish is excellent and tough. I've not experienced any finish wear yet with numerous mountings and un-mountings. The fit is excellent. All in all, it's an excellent piece and I've not been disappointed in any way with the Samson.

Here's a link for a reference, although I'm sure you can find a cheaper price if you shop around...

Samson picture and brief info
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
larue if youre gonna remove the fsb

troy/samson if youre not
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Can you guys pick my forend?  

Man.......that's disgusting!  

Joking aside, I have the YHM 4 railed HG and I’m completely happy with the quality, fit and finish. If you simply want a platform to mount a light and vert grip they work great. Some folks do not recommend mounting optics to them, but mine are solid enough that I think it would work just fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out Grenadier Precision. Very nice little rail they ahve in the ARM-R. You CAN mount M203 onto it too!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top