Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:11:19 AM EDT
I've built a couple rifles off of Eagle Arms lowers, both of which ar either 96XXX or 98XXX.  However, I recently purchased one with the SN as follows: US251XXX.  Does anyone else have one marked like that?  It seems odd that they'd have numbers under 100000, then skip up to 250000 with the addition of the US before the SN.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
ArmaLite did the same thing with the AR-10.  Started out at US 50,xxx and last I knew they were at US 5xx,xxx.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember that, per the BATF, NO two firearms can have the same serial number.  Perhaps they are going AROUND another manufacturer's numbers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Remember that, per the BATF, NO two firearms can have the same serial number.  Perhaps they are going AROUND another manufacturer's numbers.

You sure about that or is just no two firearms from the same manufacturer can have the same numbers?  Seems a little goofy that every manufacturer would have to know every serial number EVER used by ANY gun company EVER in the last 200 years - and update their lists continuously.  What about how some makers will give you a custom serial number?

-K
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 93XXX, 95XXX, and a 251XXX.  AR10s at 280XXX, 280XXX, and 551XXX.  Interestingly the highest #s are my oldest
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top