Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 7:05:00 AM EDT
what is the value of le6520 used but mint condition safe queen  500.rounds  had screw pivot but upgraded to push pin pivot by SAW colt black   a2 sights
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Reference Point:  NIB LE6520s are going for $1,000 - $1,100+ on the net.  Yours should bring close to that I would think.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Aubrey,

I'll disagree.  Its a used weapon, regardless of how many rounds are through it.  That a different upper has been put on it will only reduce the value more.

I figure a used weapon is -20% of the value of a new one ,if you consider that there is no collector value or other hidden assets to it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Aubrey,

I'll disagree.  Its a used weapon, regardless of how many rounds are through it.  That a different upper has been put on it will only reduce the value more.

I figure a used weapon is -20% of the value of a new one ,if you consider that there is no collector value or other hidden assets to it.

+1  at least!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
it is not a different upper. the gun is factory except for the upgrade of the push pin pivot in lieu of the screw, as well as m4 hg and a side sling adapter.  those are both removeable i see what i said, it was misleading.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, it certainly make smore sense now.  I would look around, see what they are going for new, and ask $150 less, but be ready to come down a little more.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
its still used
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
OK; you guys certainly know more than I.  But even though she's not a virgin, she's still a Colt.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt I know more than anyone, and Mrs Stick would certainly back me on that, but whether it is a Colt or not, it is still used, and is going to be worth much less than the same model which is new.

If the model was a special model, and no longer made, or in great demand, it might be different. Its a nice weapon, and he will get a good price for it, but certainly not the same price as a one sitting on a shelf unopened.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this a pre NY ban rifle? If it is, couldn't you expect a higher price for it if sold to another NY'er?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top