Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:15:17 PM EDT
I went shooting today, and the first round wouldnt seat properly on any of the clips I loaded in, I had to do the buttstock bounce to get that shit in place. Is that because I didnt clean this thing up good enough? I went nuts and cleaned it spotless tonight.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I went shooting today, and the first round wouldnt seat properly on any of the clips I loaded in, I had to do the buttstock bounce to get that shit in place. Is that because I didnt clean this thing up good enough? I went nuts and cleaned it spotless tonight.

WHAT type of ar , ammo and mags were you using ?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I went shooting today, and the first round wouldnt seat properly on any of the clips I loaded in, I had to do the buttstock bounce to get that shit in place. Is that because I didnt clean this thing up good enough?

No, the rifle was punishing you for calling its magazines "clips". Guns have a soul, and they hate improper nomenclature.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]
buttstock bounce ? I've slammed the butt on the ground to get a round out but never in.
I've let my AR get so dirty it didn't cycle reliably but it would always chamber manually.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top