Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:00:27 AM EDT

From the ak side and have used the search button extensively as I know you guys get a high volume of posts and you dont have room for repeat questions. That meaning ive done my homework but still have a couple questions.

1. When ar guys talk about 100% reliability what do they mean exactly?? Does it mean if it isnt damaged then it WILL fire like an AK?? If so then wish me luck on not wrecking my car on the to go pick up an AR 15.

2. .223 WILDE chamber fire 5.56 NATO rounds??

Thinking a CAR A2 no ban will meet my needs eer wants.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
From the ak side and have used the search button extensively as I know you guys get a high volume of posts and you don't have room for repeat questions. That meaning ive done my homework but still have a couple questions.

1. When ar guys talk about 100% reliability what do they mean exactly?? Does it mean if it isnt damaged then it WILL fire like an AK?? (funny guy..) If so then wish me luck on not wrecking my car on the to go pick up an AR 15.

No actual 100% reliability in anything mechanical, but if it is used to describe something it suggests the most reliable.

2. .223 WILDE chamber fire 5.56 NATO rounds??
Good question- I think so yes but check the AMMO-ORACLE

Thinking a CAR A2 no ban will meet my needs eer wants.

sounds like you've settled on RockRiver

If I would change anything it would be to go with the A3, as it presents greater verstaility. You are likely to wish you had

Good luck
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By redfisher

If I would change anything it would be to go with the A3, as it presents greater verstaility. You are likely to wish you had

Good luck

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Koolaid is usually referring to Colt fanatics.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

uh huh and why?? I thought it was cause ARs to alot of the old school looked like toys ... and kids usually liked koolaid to go with play time. LOL

Of course I know the AR type rifle is certainly a serious rifle... thats why I want one.

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]
1.) when  i say 100% reliabilty, thats just what i mean on how many jamms/misfires/whatever vs rounds shot i have had w/ AR, but i might be different

2.) yes--www.ammo-oracle.com--might help

+2 for an A3/flatop AR, more versitle in the long run

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]
+3 for flattop A3

I just got rid of my Bushy Patrolman's Carbine with an A2 upper.  I have a couple of other lowers and the next shorty that I build will have an A3 on it.  I like the A2 but like the others mentioned, the A3 is more versatile in the long run.  Have fun with it. gS
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

uh huh and why?? I thought it was cause ARs to alot of the old school looked like toys ... and kids usually liked koolaid to go with play time. LOL

Of course I know the AR type rifle is certainly a serious rifle... thats why I want one.

Thanks for the info.

The original "Kool-Aid-drinkers": Peoples Temple - Guyana
People who blindly follow a leader or ideology.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I can only claim 99% reliablity. I had a shell completely get stuck in the chamber. Had to use a cleaning rod to get it out. Weird?? But it kept going after that. Maybe it was a bad round in the malyasian ammo I bought.

I agree go with the A3.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
oh... OOOHH that! Sad sick story. If what yall say is true then the newer AR15s are hardly poison koolaid.

Thanks for the tidbit of tragic history.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top