Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2005 7:44:17 PM EDT
Went to a gunshow today and saw a used Bushy M4gery. Upon closer examination I noticed the upper was side charging. Has anybody seen these uppers? Who makes them? It was kind of neat and stupid at the same time
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ameetec makes them and so do a couple other places I think. I cut my own side charger and tapped the carrier. Im left handed so its very comfortable for me to use a left side charger. The kits are pretty pricey IMO.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I figured it would be useful for a lefty. Personally I would think it would be awkward. I did a search and I saw one company selling a side charging upper for $350. Surprisingly the rifle was only $750. Strange considering the guy was selling beat up used Colts for $1800 and new DPMS M4geries for over a grand.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Could someone post a pic?  I've never seen one before.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Could someone post a pic?  I've never seen one before.

+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the only pic I could find. It is a DMPS high rise upper. It goes for $350 but it is not the upper I saw. The one I saw was a regular height flat top and was kind of angular and blocky looking king of like the KAC SR25 receivers. The one in the pic also has a spot for a regular charging handle. The one I saw did not.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I found it JohnnyMcEldoo was right. It is an Ameetec. It is on there site but the pic is VERY small but I can make it out enough to see that it's the one. Damn I bet that ripoff gun dealer had no idea that Bushy had a $300 upper on it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.socommfg.com/sdckrupper.html  they have them
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a pump action .223 AK47 at a show. It was odd. And only 300$ so it must have been a flaming pile of crap like the mosin I bought was.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Try this....

www.thearmsroom.com
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#10]
what is it the Euro's use?

Aren't they bolt action ARs? or something similar (like the side chargers)?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what is it the Euro's use?

Aren't they bolt action ARs? or something similar (like the side chargers)?

Yes, we do use side charging uppers on our side of the Pond. Mostly DPMS ones like the one pictured above.
I usually cut the high-rider rail off and fit a Weaver rail.
But this is the one I think you're talking about. This is the same as the Ameetec one

Mark
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#12]
DOW rifles has a side charger (and real wood furniture) version, but perhaps they're picking up the Ameetec, or vise versa. Check www.tacticalrifles.net/tactical_fal15.asp.

John
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top