Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:46:17 PM EDT
Is an A1 upper with FA AND a deflector correct for a circa 86 A1 lower? Or were they all FA with no deflector? Just trying to be as accurate as I can.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the C7 uppers (A-1 with the case deflector) are more for 9mm AR's rather than the normal 5.56 ones although I could be wrong. Anyway, I prefer the foward assist with no case deflector A-1 uppers for my builds but you can go any route you please as long as you're happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
C7 is what the canadian military uses.  US military used slab(m16) and uppers with forward assist and no deflector (M16A1) M16A1 never had a shell deflector.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, thats what I needed..
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
C7 is what the canadian military uses.  US military used slab(m16) and uppers with forward assist and no deflector (M16A1) M16A1 never had a shell deflector.

The C7 is what he's describing though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah,but remember,if one of your friends is a left-handed shooter,the built-in deflector is nice to have.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive got an A1 upper that I cant zero as its got alot of wiggle room around the index pin. So Im debating whether to buy a new BM A1 upper, or go with another A1and hope I can zero it a little better.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah,but remember,if one of your friends is a left-handed shooter,the built-in deflector is nice to have.

cmon man!! Gettin hit by empties is half the fun!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cmon man!! Gettin hit by empties is half the fun!

Or, you can use Wolff HD extractor springs, which change the angle of ejection to straight out, and not back, and forget the problem.  That's what I did .

And on the models that do have the ejection hump, the empties just touch the extreme edge of the tip, which saves me having to scrub a lot of brass residue off the thing. A wipe or two on the tip w/a wet patch and the residue is gone
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top