Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:25:31 PM EDT
First off ive been out of teh ar scene for about 2 years.  ive been doing  FAL's, 1919a4's and ak's.  ive seen alot of talk obout 10.5 upper and sending them to the sand box.  so why are they the current rage?  ohh im doing a retro 11.5 gau5a/a
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
We're at war and they are in demand for that purpose.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I might do  one.. Damn cool lookin.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I might do  one.. Damn cool lookin.

Agreed.  Living in a different state, I'd have more than one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
have you tried getting in and out of a car with a 20in or even a 16?the purpose is that a shortie is easy to handle do to its short length.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Close quarter bayonet fighting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
10.5 is a very handy length and points well, IME. As for their newfound popularity? I think a lot of people are now realizing that having "special" toys is in the realm of possibility, especially with the (now) widespread knowledge of the corporate method of  acquiring NFA items.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Llama understands.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I think a lot has to do w/ the expiration of the AWB. I know, I know; short barreled rifles are under NFA. However, not many people who had post ban ARs want to make a SBR if they can't have a threaded barrel and add a flash suppressor. Now they can, so maybe that has something to do with it. Just a guess really.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think a lot has to do w/ the expiration of the AWB. I know, I know; short barreled rifles are under NFA. However, not many people who had post ban ARs want to make a SBR if they can't have a threaded barrel and add a flash suppressor. Now they can, so maybe that has something to do with it. Just a guess really.

I think that has a lot to do with it......and John Noveskes' work seems to be a factor as well....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
why are they the current rage?  ohh im doing a retro 11.5 gau5a/a

They fit great crosswise in the safe!

The AF stuff is super cool in my book, I’m thinking of doing a GUU-5P.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:53:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think a lot of people are now realizing that having "special" toys is in the realm of possibility, especially with the (now) widespread knowledge of the corporate method of  acquiring NFA items.

Call me a noob.  But, what do you mean by "corporate method?"
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think a lot of people are now realizing that having "special" toys is in the realm of possibility, especially with the (now) widespread knowledge of the corporate method of  acquiring NFA items.

Call me a noob.  But, what do you mean by "corporate method?"

When a corporation buys a machinegun, short barrelled rifle, AOW or any transferable NFA weapon there are no finger print cards or LEO sign off required.  This because a "corporate person" has no finger prints or legal history.  Corporate officer(s) do have to provide full disclosure as to their true identity but the big deal is a LEO cannot abuse their power to block transfers just because they personally disapprove of NFA in the hands of regular folks.

Denny

I always wondered, how do all the PMC companies purchase new fully automatic weapons (not to mention the myriad of explosives they carry)?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top