Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:10:24 AM EDT
Just picked up a Colt Pre-Ban lower from another NYer today and is it sweet.  I'm not crazy about the screw type front pivot pin or the sear block, but it is definately a step up from the 2 EA cast lowers I have.  
I put on a Magpul MIAD grip and an enhanced trigger guard.  Again better then the EA lowers because they don't accept the Magpul enhanced trigger guards without surgery.  
Right now I have an A2 stock on it for my enhanced A4gery(DD FF 12.0 on it) but might swap it out for another Magpul M93 or the new one they have coming out.

Anyway, I don't want to start any Colt vs everyone else threads, but this is a nice lower I got.

For the member I got it from, not sure if he wants it known he sold it yet, so he shall remain nameless for now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just picked up a Colt Pre-Ban lower from another NYer today and is it sweet.  I'm not crazy about the screw type front pivot pin or the sear block, but it is definately a step up from the 2 EA cast lowers I have.  
I put on a Magpul MIAD grip and an enhanced trigger guard.  Again better then the EA lowers because they don't accept the Magpul enhanced trigger guards without surgery.  
Right now I have an A2 stock on it for my enhanced A4gery(DD FF 12.0 on it) but might swap it out for another Magpul M93 or the new one they have coming out.

Anyway, I don't want to start any Colt vs everyone else threads, but this is a nice lower I got.

For the member I got it from, not sure if he wants it known he sold it yet, so he shall remain nameless for now.

If you don't like the screw type pivot pin, I'll trade you my pre-ban (it might be no-ban, I'm not sure) Mega for it! (serious)

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=280015
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
if you do not like the screw pivot, look to see if it is drilled for the detent pin and spring and if not SAW will drill it out for you
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you don't like the screw type pivot pin, I'll trade you my pre-ban (it might be no-ban, I'm not sure) Mega for it! (serious)

You know he's in NY, right?  Your Mega lower is a postie to him.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know he's in NY, right?  Your Mega lower is a postie to him.

DANG! Never works...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
if you do not like the screw pivot, look to see if it is drilled for the detent pin and spring and if not SAW will drill it out for you

I checked, no joy on the detent hole.
Do you now how much it would cost to have them drill it out?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked, no joy on the detent hole.
Do you now how much it would cost to have them drill it out?

Ask them.

www.sawlesales.com
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]
When I bought my Colt 6721 factory lower assy a few months ago I was surprised that it came with the two piece pivot type screw.

Luckily it have the pivot pin detent hole and I just bought the push pin, detent spring and detent pin from SAW.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top