Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:30:22 PM EDT
I think this is the first time here on this side. OK a man that I wash his cars every week for him. SL500, C500, Land Rover, Porsch Suv. Well he gives my fine cigars and money 99% of the time. Well he has in his safe a new on the box never fired Colt Ar15 20 inch barrell.This guy makes more millions than I make thousands in an year so he does not care what happens to it. If I trade him for work what is this rifle worth? Before ank of you sick mothers think anything nasty... He is married and has a wonderful wife that I work for and the poor guy has only one leg from an accident long ago so he is not that mobile.

OK COLT AR15 A3???????$$$$$

Thanks, Slug-O
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
800 bucks

Max
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has the FS, lug, and is chrome lined, I would have to agree that $800 for used weapon is fair, but $850-900 is probably more common.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I know that it has never been shot and I know for a fact that it is an Pre ban. Does this help? I was guessing 900.00 in trade
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think this is the first time here on this side. OK a man that I wash his cars every week for him. SL500, C500, Land Rover, Porsch Suv. Well he gives my fine cigars and money 99% of the time. Well he has in his safe a new on the box never fired Colt Ar15 20 inch barrell.This guy makes more millions than I make thousands in an year so he does not care what happens to it. If I trade him for work what is this rifle worth? Before ank of you sick mothers think anything nasty... He is married and has a wonderful wife that I work for and the poor guy has only one leg from an accident long ago so he is not that mobile.

OK COLT AR15 A3???????$$$$$

Thanks, Slug-O

Finally Slug-O it took you this long to realize you need an AR.....tsk, tsk.
800 to 900 dollar range, soooo anywhere between there would be a fair market value I would say.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Jake. I will make an offer tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
a pre 94 rifle, I would pay 700 to 750 for a older rifle
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I know that it has never been shot and I know for a fact that it is an Pre ban. Does this help? I was guessing 900.00 in trade

There is no ban anymore, the "preban" label means nothing more than it is an old rifle.  

Get "preban" out of your head, if anything, it makes the weapon worth less.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no ban anymore, the "preban" label means nothing more than it is an old rifle.  

Get "preban" out of your head, if anything, it makes the weapon worth less.....

That's true you will be paying more just for the fact it's a colt. Is it someone we shoot with? I would help you haggle if so.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Also, try to remember that it is a used weapon, and while it might be a Colt, it isn't one that is anything special.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I understand what you are saying but I know for a fact not one round has been down the chamber.So 800?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
No, I don't think you understand what a used gun is.  A used weapon is one that has been bought, while the condition might look NIB, it is still used.  You aren't buying this off the shelf from a COlt dealer, you are buying it out of the closet from the guy who bought it from the Colt dealer, and there is a difference.

If you buy a car, once you sign for it, its not new anymore.  While weapons don't depreciate as much, its a similar example.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If you are in a AWB state, [Fla is not] a "pre" ban makes a hell of a difference, so for those who say otherwise, they are not looking at the whole picture. And ARs appreciate simply due to inflation, look at prices 20 years ago compared to today. 8 to 900 is a fair price for it, and it is probably better built then most made today. My 89 is finished a hell of a lot better then any makers today.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#13]
He is not in a AWB state, so it doesn't matter.

Of course it appreciates, but then again, he isn't trying to buy it for $600.

While your older AR15 might be finished nicer, or be better than your newer models, that is hardly the case with most.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top