Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:55:55 PM EDT
is the delta ring suppose to turn from side to side?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
it has a part cut out of the delta ring i mean the delta ring. has like a section cut out of it so the gas tube can fit threw, its not a hole. and yes i can spin it around if i push down on the tube and spin it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
is this what the delta ring is suppose to look like? never really bothered to look at them on any of my old rifles wich i no longer own
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
a little movement yes, but it should not be able to spin around.

As stated, there should be a little movement but NORMALLY, it should not be able to spin around. You are correct that it does not have a hole where the gas tube passes through but a notch. If you are able to spin it around by pushing down the gas tube then IMO, your gas tube is either too soft for you to be able to press it down or the "tang" or "tongue" inside your delta ring if worn out.

But its no biggie actually. If it does not cause you any problems, then i would not worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are spinning your delta, something's FUBAR.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

.. but more like FUBR

blank blank, but repairable...

I can think of a few qualified to handle it
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.. but more like FUBR

blank blank, but repairable...

I can think of a few qualified to handle it

You're right.  I use FUBAR in a more generic terminology, meaning something ain't right and somebody who knows what's going on should fix it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#9]
gunsmith put it on goes boom really accuretly for a carbine... 400 yards 1/2 moa.. its a colt barrel btw. but i put in my KAC handguards and it solved the problem. like they say picky men can always find somthing wrong with perfection
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top