Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:43:29 PM EDT
I recently purchased my 1st Bushmaster XM15 E2S w/ a 16" barrel. I've put a modular rail system on it and an EOTech hologram sight on it. I had a forward hand grip and sure fire light that I used in Iraq so my next purchase was an ARMS rear pop up sight so I could remove the carrying handle. Does anyone have any imput on Vltor stocks? Other than storing battteries for my sure fire are they really worth it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the thread that is tacked to this section, it is a list of pros and cons for all the different styles of stocks.

For me, the answer is no, the older style and newer ribbed are more than functional.  For you, the answer may be different.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I recently purchased my 1st Bushmaster XM15 E2S w/ a 16" barrel. I've put a modular rail system on it and an EOTech hologram sight on it. I had a forward hand grip and sure fire light that I used in Iraq so my next purchase was an ARMS rear pop up sight so I could remove the carrying handle. Does anyone have any imput on Vltor stocks? Other than storing battteries for my sure fire are they really worth it?

1st off...welcome home!!!

I'm a 47 year old former U.S. Marine who's owned quite a few AR's but a fng to "the carbine scene" and am very happy with my recent purchase (just this week) of basically the same carbine as yours...mines the Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 A2 Patrolmans Carbine w/ a 16" barrel, BirdCage and 6-Stage Telescopic Stock (and while I haven't even tried any of the aftermarket replacements)...imho?....I'm not gonna...and here's why...

I think the oem 6-Stage ribbed stock is just fine...matter of fact?...better than fine...cause I love my M4 carbine for what it is...a nice, light-weight, fast handling and very effective knockabout....and the original supplied 6-stage suits it just fine...especially the newer ribbed versions like we have...just take a good, close, hard, look at it and you'll come to realize and appreciate that a lot of effort and thought went into the design and creation of the original supplied stock as it's small as can be and light as heck yet extremely functional and rugged as hell.

Oh I agree there's some aftermarket numbers out there that "Look Cool" but...are they as light?...as rugged?....maybe worth it to the guy who has everything including his zippo lighter clamped to his 10lb railed out carbine but...not for me...I'd much rather put the cash into extra mags, more ammo or better yet...another quality carbine, rifle, pistol or optics for such..but for me?...the oem 6-stage ribbed stock is just fine...move on...leave well enough alone and put the money where it counts best.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I like them simple as well.All my carbines are 14.5/phantom A2s with 6 pos stock..my only gadget an aimpoint on an issue goose neck mount and M4 handguards.Of course just one aimpoint..hell the others are hand outs any way .Let my wife and brother buy thier own aimpoints
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your imput Devil Dog!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top