Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:23:52 PM EDT
I would like to have my newly assembled Colt M16A1 clone refinished and I was wondering who I could/should use ? I'm looking to get the upper and lower of the rifle refinished in the old Colt gray color, and I have no idea who to use. Also, my lower has a sear block, does that matter when it comes to getting the rifle refinished ? Please help me out guys.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Norrells, you can do it yourself...
Joe
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
you can send it to norrells.......150 bucks sounds reasonable for a complete refinishing job. and it doesn't matter about the sear block. or you can order their product and do it yourself, if you got the equipment, or know of somebody who does......ie sand blast cabnet etc....

www.johnnorrellarms.com/refinishing.asp

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Walter Birdsong is one of the best in the world for tough gun finishes. He recently won an FBI contract, even though his business is a very small scale operation.

His contact info:

Birdsong's Black-T (No link--contact info below)
Description: Walter Birdsong-- (601)939-7448. --Used and trusted by the most elite military and law enforcement agencies in the United States on all their tactical weapons. This finish is particularly known for it's corrosion resistance and self-lubricating properties.
Added on: 03-Feb-2001 Hits: 2567
Rate this Site
Category: Gun Services/Gun Coatings, Finishes, and Plating

Walter is probably one of the nicest guys in the world too. He'd spend an hour with you on the phone if necessary, if you had any questions.

I had Walter do a Sig P220 as a retirement gift for a fellow Sig co-worker a few years ago. The pistol was perfect in every way-and the price was more than reasonable too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
No need to blast if it is in even semi-decent condition.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent my lower to Norrels for my build and he will refinish a stripped lower in Colt gray/black for $60 plus return shipping.

Here are pics of the work:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=246293

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Just follow the Stickman guide to using norrells and do it yourself,I have been hooked on it since my first refinish job.I have done 2 ARs,1 AK,a ruger P90,a S+W 9mm auto and a buddies muzzleloader,hell I would molycoat the dog if I could get her to hold still long enough,it would make cleaning her much easier but I don't think she would like the baking part!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the help Guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top