Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:17:23 AM EDT
Anyone here have one?

Anyone have one of the folding stocks made by the same outfit?

I am intrigued I admit... by the LR300 with the 14.5 barrel/perm. attached Phantom upper.

the boards thoughts....

thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
NO ONE IS USING ONE OF THESE

looks like i will have to step up and be the test subject (again!)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
looks like i will have to step up and be the test subject (again!)

It's going to be you or me

which version were you thinking about?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an older version of the ZM LR300.

I really like it.

The folding stock is steel, heavy and tough. I put an ACE boom tube SMG on mine to lighten it a bit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Heron,
 I posted I question like this some time ago. Did you check the archive?
Basically what I got from the few who responded who owned one was thay they like them a lot, and they were quite reliable, but a bit on the heavy side. Also there is a very long wait time since they had a policy of not making a production run until they had so many orders. Don't know if that is still the case/

I'll see if I can dig out my old threads, some posted some neat pics.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE ON LR-300

I went on line (YHM website) and decided on the LR300 with 14.5 barrel, perm. mounted Phantom, Nylatron forearm. Called YHM, spoke to a nice gentleman who took my money

went home, therre was phone message from YHM... TO BE CONTINUED

EDITED TO ADD - Redhook - you up by Portsmouth?

that is an awesome brew pub across from Lonza or what ever its called these days...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
UPDATE ON LR-300
went home, therre was phone message from YHM... TO BE CONTINUED

Heron,
This sounds ominous!  IM Sent!

EDITED TO ADD - Redhook - you up by Portsmouth?
that is an awesome brew pub across from Lonza or what ever its called these days...

I'm actually on the left coast.  I spent a lot of time in the Seattle area on business when Redhook was pre-AB conglomerate days.  The Trollyman pub was a great place to hang out when they only had the Fremont brewery.  They closed down the Fremont plant and opened the Woodenvale plant.  It's not the same anymore.  And the tour sucks now.  But, I've been using the nick for years.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Redhook -

yeah - I refer to the Redhook brewery in Portmouth NH - it has a brew pub that is pussy central for the area

I did talk to Stan at YHM - the question was what type of flash hider did I want for perm. install on my upper - I went with the Phantom

It should ship today he said and since I am in Masshole land, i will get in time for testing etc. next week

I am going to install it on a SGW pre-ban lower that was the used for my SPR.

I will post a full range report for the board once I complete my testing
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool, You'll like it.

I'm curious, did you order it with the folding stock?

The site shows regular fixed stocks, I was wondering if it cost extra to get a folding stock?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I did order the optional folding stock - I substitued for the fixed and cost an extra $100
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey Redhook -

yeah - I refer to the Redhook brewery in Portmouth NH - it has a brew pub that is pussy central for the area

I did talk to Stan at YHM - the question was what type of flash hider did I want for perm. install on my upper - I went with the Phantom

It should ship today he said and since I am in Masshole land, i will get in time for testing etc. next week

I am going to install it on a SGW pre-ban lower that was the used for my SPR.

I will post a full range report for the board once I complete my testing

Heron163,
I look forward to the range report.  Another IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#11]
heron163 are you sure you didn't order and pay for this tomorrow "MA Sales Tax Holiday" ?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Until recently, YHM didn't sell the uppers to anyone but ZM weapons.  I don't know what happened to ZM weapons, but YHM is now selling them directly.  

People who paid $1500-$1800 for their complete rifles loved them, wouldn't buy a second, but wouldn't give up their first either.  they were heavy, but neat.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
heron163 are you sure you didn't order and pay for this tomorrow "MA Sales Tax Holiday" ?

Archer_YHM,

You posted some "how to" disassembly pics in your announcement post 3-4 months ago.  But they don't seem to be linked to that post anymore.  Any chance you could repost them here?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Archer_YHM,

You posted some "how to" disassembly pics in your announcement post 3-4 months ago.  But they don't seem to be linked to that post anymore.  Any chance you could repost them here?

Redhook you can now see the full operation manual on our web site at
www.yhm.net/store/install.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I like it  !!!! thanks for the pics _DR
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope so!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]
The upper and stuff came today

putting it together tonight - will post pictures and full range report soon...

looks very impressive so far
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag .
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The upper and stuff came today

putting it together tonight - will post pictures and full range report soon...

looks very impressive so far

I look forward to it.  Try and get some pics up first please.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
here are some shots before the range test:

even a mule (like me) could put one of these togther!

Not so heavy, I will weigh and post once I put the EoTech on it.

Looks like quality stuff!

AND THANKS FOR THE T SHIRT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#23]
That looks great!  Looking forward to the range report...

BTW, did you get my last IM?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#24]
ZM/YHM Range Report

ok - range day at last!

Me - the ZM/YHM and 500 rounds of a 50/50 mix of wolf 62 grain and M193.

I have to say I was highly impressed - felt recoil is minimal even with the Phantom. With the Eotech 551, no zeroing necessary to ring the the 2X3 steel plate all day at 100 yards.

A FTF due to a bad round but that was about it. I squireted in some CLP at the halfway point but didn't break it down completely until through. Typical wolf residue but nothing different about cleaning it vs. a regular AR15.

The verdict - if you are looking for something different albeit a bit pricey, go for it! No question, it aint cheap

but you are worth it

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#25]
looks GREAT!!

thanks for the info

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone know if the folding stock adds weight?  If so how much?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#28]
no doubt - the folding stock is beefy - it is steel. But it works well as the YHM upper would be front heavy w/o it - - so it balances out. I'll put it on a scale tomorrow and get an accurate weight

BTW - did the following mods - added a Magpul triggere guard - just like the look and feel of these - all my AR's will have them

added a PRI military big latch to the charging handle - the stock latch seems a little anemic

edited to add: and a crane o-ring at the extractor spring
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Archer_YHM:
 Greetings!
   I'm very interested in doing a pistol build with one of your 11.5" uppers. Can I purchase one from you without a stock so I can do so?
Thank You
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#30]
What is the length of pull on that? Can you give me a measurement from the butt pad to the trigger?

Let's see pics with the few changes....I am seriously considering one of these uppers.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#31]
here are a couple of shots with the Magpul trigger guard and PRI latch installed:

these are worthwhile additions to any AR but the latch I would say is a must with the ZM

length of pull with the folding stock is 13.5"

The system is really starting to grow on me - low recoil, reliable, fun to shoot. I dumped 300 rounds yesterday M193 - no problems

its some nice work... not cheap but what the hell
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top